title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Not Reading Track Names from Compilation Cds

Not Reading Track Names from Compilation Cds

Hi,
    I used this program one day only. Track names on Compilation CDs were not a problem at all, they appear by just clicking on provider "CD Text"
    All of a suden, nothing works anymore. I do not have a clue what went wrong, and, just spent 4 hours looking around.

Can anyone help ?
    Would appreciate it.

JR

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Not Reading Track Names from Compilation Cds

Have you also selected some of the other providers. Not all CDs have CD Text to use as a source. I'd click all the possible providers. Discogs, GD3, etc.

edit: and once all providers are clicked, just leave them that way. It won't hurt anything. And you can then sometimes compare the different sources and select the one that is "best". Click on the "red tag" in the top menu to show you the info provided by each of the sources, and this page allows you to select the source you want for that particular disk.
    Last edited by garym; 12-29-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks for replying.
    I've done everything you recommended and, still, track titles are not appearing. They show "Track 01", "Track 02", etc.
    It is very frustrating dealing with a company with no "tech Support" you can call up to resolve an issue.
    I'm gonna try a couple more days and then try to get a refund for the product and uninstall it on my computer.
    Thanks again.

dBpoweramp Guru

I assume your antivirus is not blocking the metadata providers? This sometimes happens. What AV program are you using? When you rip a nonCompilation CD does it find the metadata (titles, etc) OK?

dBpoweramp Guru

Which security software is running on your system?

Dat Ei

Thanks for replying. I am using AVG currently. The program always finds and post the CD tracks on commercial Cds; just the compilation ones are an issue.

Currently using AVG. I've noticed that the problem is intermittent; it will pull up the track names every single time once it starts doing it and not at all some other times. What do you think is going on ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JRoy View Post
    just the compilation ones are an issue.
    Are those commercial compilations or compiled by you?

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Are those commercial compilations or compiled by you?

Dat Ei
    if compiled by you, no way for ripper to find track names, unless you somehow created TOC for these mixtape self made CDs when you made them.

I do my own compilation mixing up a dozen artists within the same genre and create a Custom CD for listening. I would never listen to a complete CD of one single artist I have hundreds of compilation CDs created that way.

Every single track name was recorded when the Cds were made. Matter of fact, they do appear on my CD player, and, occasionally the TOC will appear in dbpoweramp on some CDs but not others. It's mind boggling

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you enabled to read metadata from CD Text?

Dat Ei