title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problems with FLAC to ALAC Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Music-Is-Life
    • Dec 2021

Problems with FLAC to ALAC Conversion

I have used Music Converter for years and love how it works. Today I am running into errors converting FLAC files to ALAC files. Normally this is painless and error free. I have seen this with files from at least 10 different source audio folders (all which play fine in FLAC).

I see errors like "Encountered 'FLAC_STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File and then the source file name. If I do updates on the tags, I use mp3tag, which has never caused a problem before.

I see cases where a file has the last 30-60 seconds cut off in the ALAC file. I see other cases where the ALAC file basically has no content at all. This never happened before.

I'm running version 16.4 with Windows 10 21H1. I just did this upgrade recently. Could that be a problem? Thank you for your help.

Update - I removed dBpoweramp from Windows, rebooted, then reinstalled from a clean install file just downloaded. Still have the problem, thanks.
    Last edited by Music-Is-Life; 12-28-2021, 10:29 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problems with FLAC to ALAC Conversion

>Encountered 'FLAC_STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC'

This error means the file is now corrupted.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>