title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Converting DSD to AIF

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Converting DSD to AIF

I just purchased and installed the latest version 17.4 and am pleased to see it now supports converting and tagging of DSD files and started converting my .dsf files to AIF. Most of my .dsf files are DSD64 sampling frequency and I set the bit depth, sample rate and channels to "As Source" and they're converted to 24/96 AIF files which is correct in terms of resolution. But when I converted a folder of DSD128 .dsf files using the same settings it converted them to 24/96 AIF as well. So in order to convert them at the appropriate resolution I had to set it to convert to 192 for the sampling rate. Maybe this is a bug or a feature limitation. Anyway, not too big a deal, I don't have very many DSD128 files but I will need to remember to manually set the sampling rate to 192 when converting them.

Administrator

Re: Converting DSD to AIF

It is best to convert DSD always to 96KHz because it contains ultrasonics in the higher frequencies.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Converting DSD to AIF

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is best to convert DSD always to 96KHz because it contains ultrasonics in the higher frequencies.
    Thanks, I didn't know that!