title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BryanO
    • Dec 2021

Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

I made most of the mistakes mentioned in several of the community threads. Community answers have been very helpful - thank you!

Here is a summary in case it can help others:
    1. Download and install the Acronova 1.1.3 driver manually (clears all warnings in Windows device manager)
    2. Download and install the Acronova 1.3.0.2 R5 QQripper app (needed to support manual rip using dBcdgrab - do not run QQripper with Batch Ripper)
    3. Purchase and install dbPowerAmp reference (trial is insuffient for batch ripper)
    4. Download and install dbPowerAmp Batch Ripper R4 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm (be sure to install to "\program files\dbPowerAmp")
    5. Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6 (be sure to install to "\program files\dbPowerAmp")
    6. Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)

Good luck!
    -bry
  • fragilityV1
    • Jan 2022

Re: Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

Thanks for the detailed step by step. I have the same setup, Win 11 and Nimbie USB, but the problem I'm running into is in tagging the files. The Batch Ripper will work fine ripping and applying the album information, but if I don't use GD3, I won't get album artwork. Do you have any issues related to obtaining album artwork?

I'm wondering if I borked the install and need to start over. (Downloaded some old version from Nimbie and had to do some manual updating)

Comment

• acousticalengin
      • Mar 2023

I am about to fork over the money for a Nimbie. I have 3000 CDs. Did you correct the problem about album art and GD3?
      When I'm done, I could offer other people a service to rip, or I can loan out the Nimbie.

Comment

• acousticalengin
        • Mar 2023

I bought the Nimbie and am ripping my 3,000 CDs. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW OP BryanO's ADVICE COMPLETELY. I followed the procedure in dBpoweramp web page for using the Nimbie, and either didn't find or skipped the instructions, A) Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6, and, B) Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)--> this means select "Nimbie" not "Auto eject / Manual load." I spent hours trying to get this all working, until I followed OP's instructions completely. This is all really great!!!

Comment

• size15shoe
          • Aug 2021

Originally posted by acousticalengin
          I bought the Nimbie and am ripping my 3,000 CDs. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW OP BryanO's ADVICE COMPLETELY. I followed the procedure in dBpoweramp web page for using the Nimbie, and either didn't find or skipped the instructions, A) Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6, and, B) Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)--> this means select "Nimbie" not "Auto eject / Manual load." I spent hours trying to get this all working, until I followed OP's instructions completely. This is all really great!!!
          I get all the way to B)Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading.
          I, for the life of me cannot find where this is!
          When I loaded Driver v6 I didn't get a configure window.
          Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You have to install Batch Ripper first, then install the Nimbie driver to the same location.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• size15shoe
              • Aug 2021

Ok, uninstalled everything then reinstalled. It's working but not ripping in the format I would like nor is it ending up on my external drive. Sorry, I wish I was a little more technically savvy. I feel like I'm getting really close though!

Comment

• ghibliss
                • Jun 2013

Select your ripping format and select the path where you want your files to go here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpoweramp Settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	294747Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpoweramp Settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	294747
                Last edited by ghibliss; 03-27-2024, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

In Batch Ripper click Edit next to the profile, it shows CD Ripper, where you change settings then close the program.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• size15shoe
                    • Aug 2021

It’s a miracle! I am up and running. Thanks to all in this thread especially those who calmly responded to my questions.

Comment

• gmookc
                      • Apr 2024

Is there a way to batch rip without using meta data?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Yes if you set naming to [batchid]\[track] to create unique filenames.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>