title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

I made most of the mistakes mentioned in several of the community threads. Community answers have been very helpful - thank you!

Here is a summary in case it can help others:
    1. Download and install the Acronova 1.1.3 driver manually (clears all warnings in Windows device manager)
    2. Download and install the Acronova 1.3.0.2 R5 QQripper app (needed to support manual rip using dBcdgrab - do not run QQripper with Batch Ripper)
    3. Purchase and install dbPowerAmp reference (trial is insuffient for batch ripper)
    4. Download and install dbPowerAmp Batch Ripper R4 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm (be sure to install to "\program files\dbPowerAmp")
    5. Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6 (be sure to install to "\program files\dbPowerAmp")
    6. Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)

Good luck!
    -bry

Re: Batch Ripper and Nimbie USB+ on Windows 11

Thanks for the detailed step by step. I have the same setup, Win 11 and Nimbie USB, but the problem I'm running into is in tagging the files. The Batch Ripper will work fine ripping and applying the album information, but if I don't use GD3, I won't get album artwork. Do you have any issues related to obtaining album artwork?

I'm wondering if I borked the install and need to start over. (Downloaded some old version from Nimbie and had to do some manual updating)

I am about to fork over the money for a Nimbie. I have 3000 CDs. Did you correct the problem about album art and GD3?
    When I'm done, I could offer other people a service to rip, or I can loan out the Nimbie.

I bought the Nimbie and am ripping my 3,000 CDs. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW OP BryanO's ADVICE COMPLETELY. I followed the procedure in dBpoweramp web page for using the Nimbie, and either didn't find or skipped the instructions, A) Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6, and, B) Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)--> this means select "Nimbie" not "Auto eject / Manual load." I spent hours trying to get this all working, until I followed OP's instructions completely. This is all really great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by acousticalengin View Post
    I bought the Nimbie and am ripping my 3,000 CDs. MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW OP BryanO's ADVICE COMPLETELY. I followed the procedure in dBpoweramp web page for using the Nimbie, and either didn't find or skipped the instructions, A) Download and install dbPowerAmp Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6, and, B) Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading (don't use Auto eject / Manual load)--> this means select "Nimbie" not "Auto eject / Manual load." I spent hours trying to get this all working, until I followed OP's instructions completely. This is all really great!!!
    I get all the way to B)Configure Batch Ripper to use Nimbie loading.
    I, for the life of me cannot find where this is!
    When I loaded Driver v6 I didn't get a configure window.
    Any ideas?

Administrator

You have to install Batch Ripper first, then install the Nimbie driver to the same location.

Ok, uninstalled everything then reinstalled. It's working but not ripping in the format I would like nor is it ending up on my external drive. Sorry, I wish I was a little more technically savvy. I feel like I'm getting really close though!

Select your ripping format and select the path where you want your files to go here:

dbpoweramp Settings.jpgdbpoweramp Settings.jpg
    Last edited by ghibliss; Yesterday at 02:33 PM.

Administrator

In Batch Ripper click Edit next to the profile, it shows CD Ripper, where you change settings then close the program.