title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: new router - now Asset (raspberryPi) finds no music

new router - now Asset (raspberryPi) finds no music

Hi,

Feel as if there ought to be something fairly simple going on here, but I can't think what.

If I type

sudo mount -a

at the command prompt, it says

Couldn't chdir to /mnt/mymusic: No such device.

Any idea what about a new router could be causing this?

Many thanks,
    Phill

Administrator

Re: new router - now Asset (raspberryPi) finds no music

It means where ever your music is, it is not mounting on the pi, at a guess you store on a NAS and the IP address of the nas has now changed. You will have to go through and remount the share.

Yes, my music is on a NAS. My fstab line looks like this:

//wdmycloud/Public/SharedMusic /mnt/mymusic cifs guest,x-systemd.automount 0 0

I did also fix the IP of the NAS and use that ('192.168.20.5') instead of 'wdmycloud', but that made no difference.

The offending router, by the way, is a NetComm NF20MESH, in case there is a known compatibility issue with it. The one it replaced was a NetComm NF18ACV

dBpoweramp Guru

There has been a rollout of new firmware for the WD mycloud NASs lately. Did your system update automatically? Have you changed the passwords (new rules for stronger passwords)?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    There has been a rollout of new firmware for the WD mycloud NASs lately. Did your system update automatically? Have you changed the passwords (new rules for stronger passwords)?

Dat Ei
    Mine is an older WD and isnÂ’t supported as of this latest update. Do you think that could be causing an issue with the new router? The NAS can be accessed no problem via my computer (obviously thatÂ’s via the router). Plugging the old router back in it all starts working OK again

Horray! I’ve created a new dedicated, non-public ‘music’ share on my NAS, edited the fstab line and added the username and password and that seems to have satisfied it - it now works!
    Last edited by Phill82; 12-31-2021 at 09:19 PM.