title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error Message: CD Drive Not Found

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Error Message: CD Drive Not Found

I went to rip a couple of new discs today. I have 3 different drives in a Win10/64 PC, all 3 show up and can be opened in Explorer. But when I open CD Ripper the drive browser does not list any of the discs, and shows no drives with the above error message. I haven’t updated Windows recently, nor changes to dbPoweramp. I have release 17.4. Any ideas what I can do to restore these for access?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Error Message: CD Drive Not Found

Which security software is running? Suspect: security software blocks the access.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Error Message: CD Drive Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Which security software is running? Suspect: security software blocks the access.

Dat Ei
    Windows Defender is running. I was able to restore the functionality by elevating CD Ripper to run as admin. I'm going to monitor this for any other issues, but until as recently as last week I had no problems running any dbPoweramp software. Perhaps a definition update for Defender has caused this but I don't see it in any logs.