title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: First time running PerfectTunes CD is accuripped, 2nd time it isn't... (Windows )

First time running PerfectTunes CD is accuripped, 2nd time it isn't... (Windows )

After having ripped a CD (using DBPoweramp) I let PerfectTunes check it for Accurip.

What I've noticed is the following: the first time the just ripped CD gets an accurately ripped status. However, if I move the CD to another directory and use PT again it may get an Album Cannot Check status (incomplete album e.g.). Even CD's which a Secure Ripping Log with all tracks being accurately ripped.

The way I rip CD's and check them with PT is as follows:
    I rip the CD with DBP into directory D:\ripped cd
    then I run PT and get a Accurately Ripped status
    then I move the CD to another directory D:\accuripped
    then I run PT again and this time got the Cannot Check Status...

This isn't happening to all ripped CD's because most keep the Accuripped status also after being moved to another directory. I just don't understand why some don't keep their Accurip status after the first time. Why does it first say Accuripped and then it's not?

This time it happened to cd https://www.discogs.com/release/1491...assieke-Muziek

Not sure if there's a connection: this 2CD has 48 tracks and 48 tracks have been accurately ripped while PT says "Cannot check, incomplete album 18 tracks" and "incomplete album 30 tracks".

If needed I could add the log file.

Administrator

Re: First time running PerfectTunes CD is accuripped, 2nd time it isn't... (Windows )

Have you changed the track numbers? or disc numbers? Accurate rip needs to see those discs as two separate discs.

Re: First time running PerfectTunes CD is accuripped, 2nd time it isn't... (Windows )

No, I haven't changed the track numbers. They have 01-18 and 01-30 as track number. The disc numbers I've done like 1/2 and 2/2 in the "Disc" field in CDRipper.

Administrator

It is likely you will need to keep disc 1 and disc 2 separate and ensure the option 'album matching grouped by folder' is checked.

The option "album matching grouped by folder" is (and was) already checked. What I didn't use was the option "use accurateripresult from ID tag" because there are a few CD's ripped with another programme (EAC, because of the Peak Level info it provides).
    I've cleared the Database cache.
    When I checked the "use accurateripresult ...." option the result was that perfecttunes now says Cannot Check: not in accurip" for both cd 1 with 18 tracks and cd 2 with 30 tracks, while all tracks have at least confidence 5 and are all accurately ripped.

Administrator

can upload the albums to dropbox and pm me a link please.

a dropbox link has been pm-ed

Administrator

Got the files will look when updating PT, which is not far off.

Probably not connected but how normal(?) is it when I've ripped a cd with DBP (secure log says all tracks are accurately ripped) and when using PT and NOT checking "Use accuripresult from ID tag" I get a result of "Cannot Check: Incomplete Album" while when DO checking "Use accuripresult from ID tag" I get the result "Cannot Check: not in AccurateRip"?

Administrator

Until I look at the files I cannot comment.

Administrator

The issue is with the track numbers in your files, disc 1 has track numbers starting

101, 102, 103

Disc two:

201, 202, 203

Accurate rip needs the track numbers to be 1, 2, 3, 4..