title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Orchestra and Soloists tags working AND not working

Orchestra and Soloists tags working AND not working

I have Windows registered version of AssetUPnP. I have it installed on a dedicated "server" machine (an HP I5 64bit 8Gig with Windows 10 Home and SSD) and on a test machine (HP I7 32bit 4gb Windows 10 Pro with SSD).

On the test machine I made some improvements to presenting classical music data including adding tags for Orchestra and Soloists in the "MediaDatabaseFieldsv7a.txt" file.
    orchestra,TEXT
    soloists,TEXT

Genre{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Composer{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Composer\Album
    Genre\Composer\Album Artist
    Genre\Conductor{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Conductor\Album
    Genre\Album Artist{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Album Artist\Album
    Genre\Orchestra{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Orchestra\Album
    Genre\Soloists{_no_track_list_}
    Genre\Soloists\Album

All works beautifully on the Test machine.

However on the "server" machine which has 24,000 tracks of which approx. 3000 are classical it is not working properly. It appears not to recognise the Orchestra and Soloists tags, and is not displaying the orchestra's or soloists lists. I have checked the configuration settings between the two machines but am stuck.
    Last edited by Paul C; 12-15-2021 at 11:08 AM. Reason: trying to add images - not working

Administrator

Re: Orchestra and Soloists tags working AND not working

Same audio format? if you bring some of those files to the test machine do they work?

Have you done a refresh all for the database after updating the database define?

Originally there were only 4 classical albums (same audio format) on the test machine so I copied the complete classical folder to the the test machine (60gb). They are 99% flac files.
    Test machine still performs perfectly.

Have done several refreshes and even a complete detach/rebuild database of the "server" machine but result is the same.
    It is as if it is not recognising the orchestra or soloists tags. File is "MediaDatabaseFieldsv7a.txt" not ".......Fieldsv7.txt" but is same on both machines.

I have noted on the "server" windows 10 home 64bit there is no registry entry for
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
    (there is one on the "Test" machine).
    (both machines are and always have run as a service).
    Last edited by Paul C; 12-16-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Administrator

Edit the browse tree file 'AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev7.txt', then restart asset and see if the changes show, to see if you are in the right folder, it could be from a different account.

The edit was not working properly as you suggested.

I searched for alternative "umedialibrary" folders but there was only one.
    I uninstalled and re-installed several times including clearing registry entries.
    The problem persisted in Service mode, and I noted the configuration folder in the Asset configuration utility was still pointing to a non-existent folder location.
    When I swopped to Local Account mode it then pointed correctly and after reloading the music content everything worked properly.
    I even added another tag (Label) and added to the browse tree as proof of concept, and it worked as expected.
    So the original problem seems to be the installation on a 64-bit machine (of 32-bit App) in service mode pointing to the wrong non-existent folder location.
    I guess if I switched to Service mode now that everything presently there would still work (as it does on the Test machine) but the problem would manifest itself if I attempted further editing.

The resulting solution with composer, conductor, orchestra and soloists is brilliant for classical music presentation.
    Few if any other server software other AssetUPnP can achieve that.

Administrator

You might find when running as a service Asset thinks it is writing to:

"C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppD ata\ Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary".

But windows maps that path to: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppD ata\ Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary"

Yes I think that is it. Will do some experimenting in the future but for now just enjoying excellent classical music presentation and options using Asset running in local account mode.

Has the problem with 32bit app on 64bit machine writing to wrong file as above) when using as a service been fixed in R7.4?

I am still using on Local Account which is fine and still fine after upgrading to R7.4.

Administrator

It is windows which maps the location, Asset thinks it is writing to the same location as the 32 bit Windows version.