title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 7.3 on Synology DSM7 - Artist Artwork lost

Asset 7.3 on Synology DSM7 - Artist Artwork lost

Hi All,
    After upgrading my diskstation to DSM7 and installing AssetUPnP 7.3 I am having a problem with the artist artwork.
    All the artist artwork is located under /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/, what used to work perfect before the upgrade.
    Now there's a comfortable feature to load custom artwork images with a fileselector and it works, but I would have to add hundreds of images again one by one. It seems the folder AssetUserUpstreamImages is not used anymore.
    Does anyone know how to restore the artist artwork without re-adding each single picture one by one?

Thanks,
    Kushimodo

Re: Asset 7.3 on Synology DSM7 - Artist Artwork lost

Quote Originally Posted by Kushimodo View Post
    Hi All,
    After upgrading my diskstation to DSM7 and installing AssetUPnP 7.3 I am having a problem with the artist artwork.
    All the artist artwork is located under /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/, what used to work perfect before the upgrade.
    After some research I found the answer. The image folder has moved to a different location:
    volume1/@apphome/Asset/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages

Not sure why the upgrade did not move the content automatically, but now I can easily copy the images.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Album art is normally located in the album metadata. Its placed there as part of the CD ripping process or its already in the metadata with www bought downloads.
    Im wondering why you have placed the art in a non-standard place & have you looked into the metadata to see if it is located in there.

Dear All,
    The problem is solved. The folder for custom artwork has moved from
    /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/
    to the new location
    /volume1/@apphome/Asset/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/

After I copied all images to the new location and adjusted the file permissions I can see the artist images again.

@Mike-B: I wasn't talking about album art, but about using a specific image for each artist, which makes browsing by artist a much nicer experience :-)

dBpoweramp Guru

artist art != album art

Dat Ei

The issue is solved.
    I figured out the folder "AssetUserUpstreamImages" moved during the upgrade from
    /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/
    to
    /volume1/@apphome/Asset/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/AssetUserUpstreamImages/
    I copied my images to the new location and now everything works fine, even artist pictures with non-standard characters like "Cécile McLorin Salvant" or "Björk" are now shown correctly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Kushimodo View Post

@Mike-B: I wasn't talking about album art, but about using a specific image for each artist, which makes browsing by artist a much nicer experience :-)
    Ahh OK, I had not understood correctly.
    I too use the Upstream Images feature that is included in Asset software as from 7.3
    I had no problems when I moved to DSM-7 other that I had to reload each file, a click of a mouse.

Super Moderator

Thanks for highlighting the issue.
    Indeed recovering & reuploading lots of images might be tedious to do if you are not familiar with using SSH/SCP.
    I just added a feature to backup and restore the whole images folder in the new beta-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Mac-R7-4-beta