title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converted files cut out

Converted files cut out

I purchase my music from iTunes, and this week I have noticed when I convert using batch converter, all the songs from one of my albums cut out a lot on every song. I made a new purchase tonight just to test it again, and it converted fine. Anything I should be checking?

Administrator

Re: Converted files cut out

Try playing the original files, do they cut out?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try playing the original files, do they cut out?
    Original files play fine. I even deleted them and redownloaded the album, thinking fresh files would fix it, but they still cut out. I decided to test some of my older purchases, and along with the newer ones, work fine. It just seems to be this one album.

dBpoweramp Guru

Converting from which format to which format?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Converting from which format to which format?
    M4A iTunes to MP3. All other M4As convert fine. I did download the album on another computer and tried converting the songs on that PC, but it gave the same issues, even though those original files were perfect too. It's got to be something within the file cause duplicates to cut out? Is that possible?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WastelandMO View Post
    M4A iTunes to MP3. All other M4As convert fine. I did download the album on another computer and tried converting the songs on that PC, but it gave the same issues, even though those original files were perfect too. It's got to be something within the file cause duplicates to cut out? Is that possible?

Odd problem. Nothing comes to mind that could cause this. I'm assuming you get no errors in the conversion step. What happens when you convert these "mp3" files to TEST CONVERSION in dbpa (to test the integrity of the new files)

p.s. out of curiosity, why convert from m4a to mp3? Will your players not handle m4a?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Odd problem. Nothing comes to mind that could cause this. I'm assuming you get no errors in the conversion step. What happens when you convert these "mp3" files to TEST CONVERSION in dbpa (to test the integrity of the new files)

p.s. out of curiosity, why convert from m4a to mp3? Will your players not handle m4a?
    Test conversion of the file with the issue shows no errors. I did try using one of the online conversion sites, and it converted it fine.

No real reason for converting, I have OCD, and having one album with different file names bugs the heck out of me... lol

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by WastelandMO View Post
    Test conversion of the file with the issue shows no errors. I did try using one of the online conversion sites, and it converted it fine.

No real reason for converting, I have OCD, and having one album with different file names bugs the heck out of me... lol
    You understand that there is a quality decline when you convert from lossy (m4a) to lossy (mp3). May not be something that is audible, but it is not a lossless conversion.

I have the same issue. Files I buy on itunes and convert to any other format (wma wav mp3) using db converter create blank spots. In the photo the top one is itunes original the bottom one is after converting in dbpower to mp3, there are many of these blank spots in the file and also clipping. Please help If I convert the itunes files using audacity the conversion is perfect.

dbpower blank.jpg

here is image of full song

dbpower full.jpg
    Last edited by jrmach; 02-23-2022 at 11:23 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Are the input files ok? Are those files copy protected (DRM)?

Dat Ei

Administrator

Clipping is a natural process of converting to mp3, the volume changes, it does not reproduce the source file which might be just under clipping, exactly. The blank spot, this is most likely because the decoder thinks the file is corrupted, does it do it for just one file or many?

The Original input files (M4a) are all ok. Many files that is purchased from Itunes has many of these blank spots in each file that is converted to any other format (mp3 wma or wav)using dbpoweramp converter. I used audacity to convert the same m4a files to mp3 and there was no issues (Blank spots)in any file. Whats Up?
    Last edited by jrmach; 02-23-2022 at 04:09 PM.

Administrator

Please upload one such file to dropbox.com and personal message me the share link.

I do not use drop box, I emailed you a link to one of the files on my onedrive account. Please confirm if it works for you. Thank You.

Administrator

I dropped your mp3 into audacity and cannot see this blank part. Try updating to the latest I am using 3.1.3