title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need Help With Music Convertor 16.6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moo4
    • Mar 2018

Need Help With Music Convertor 16.6

Two issues:

1. 16.6 will not recognise DSD. Do I need to upgrade or install an add on?

2. Is there a way to see & change sample/bit rates for a batch? When I select bach I get a Windows Explorer prompt. I don't remember having this issue in my old XP version.
    Last edited by moo4; 12-09-2021, 12:06 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need Help With Music Convertor 16.6

For DSD you would need to upgrade to R17, the 2nd issue can you describe more please, when you run batch converter it shows a file selector? not the batch converter?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• moo4
      • Mar 2018

Thanks for replying. I also have 16.6 on an XP box. It will read dsd & allows me to convert to 88 (though I have it set at 172).

On my Win 10 box, it is as described above: It won't rad dsd, won't allow me to create profiles (at least not easily) & The batch convertor open with a windows explorer prompt.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

DSD was an extra install for older versions of dBpoweramp, it is now standard, if you browse our site through:

and choose a date from 5 years ago, you should find the download.

Can you post a screenshot of batch converter showing the explorer prompt? upload to a image host site and post a link please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• moo4
          • Mar 2018

Thanks for the archive.org idea. I found the file & dsd conversion is working. I suspect that is why I was getting the blank Windows Explorer prompt is because I was trying to open a folder with DSD files.

The one issue I still have is on older versions on XP I was able to specify behaviors in "create a profile". On Win 10 the only thing it will let me do is select Create & name it without specifiying sampling & bit rate for the specific profile. What might I be doing wrong?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

A profile just holds the settings for your chosen codec / dsp, create a profile, choose an encoder and dsp effects can convert, re-loading the profile always loads those settings.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>