title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need help with multi-disc naming

Need help with multi-disc naming

Hi everyone,

I'm new. I'm sure this has been answered but everything that I found just confused me. So, I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

How do I set up multiple discs so that the file names end up being [disc number]-[track number][track name]

The total path should be: [album artist]/[album]/[disc number]-[track number][track name]

I really don't understand the IF language or how to make CD Ripper do the above.

Grateful for any insight. Again, sorry for the noob question.

PS - I always make sure that the album artist and album name are exactly the same was well as the 1/2 disc number is correct.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Need help with multi-disc naming

This will do what you want, and also automatically put compilation albums in a separate "Compilations" folder. Change "Compilations" to "Various Artists" if you prefer that. Note this is windows. for Mac, use forward slashes instead of back slashes.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album]\[IFMULTI]\Disc [disc]-[][track] [title] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]-[][track] [title][][]

If you don't want any of the compilations stuff, use this:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]-[][track] [title]

dBpoweramp Guru

Note the above only adds the disc number if there are more than one disk. If you want disc number no matter what (e.g., 1-01 track name), let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    This will do what you want, and also automatically put compilation albums in a separate "Compilations" folder. Change "Compilations" to "Various Artists" if you prefer that. Note this is windows. for Mac, use forward slashes instead of back slashes.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album]\[IFMULTI]\Disc [disc]-[][track] [title] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]-[][track] [title][][]

If you don't want any of the compilations stuff, use this:

[album artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]-[][track] [title]
    Hi Garym,

Yes, that did it! It created it so the file names included the word "disc" which I didn't want, but I was able to figure out how to change that. I am so grateful for your help! Thank you so much for taking the time to help a lost noob. Also, thank you for the note regarding the slash formatting difference between Mac and PC. I'm on a Mac and that would have thrown me.

Thanks again!

No, that's perfect. Only if there is more than one disc. Thank you so much!

dBpoweramp Guru

great. Yep, my mistake leaving the word DISK in the string, but glad you figured out how to delete that.