title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sveta Beta Discussions

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Hello,

I started again to fast disconnect and...
    Yes windows complain and after some more fast unplugging Sveta too. LOL
    Don't remember all ready seen this error from Sveta.
    But that is exactly wath i asked for. :komisch9:

Thanks for your time.

Cheer,

Ps: Is there no complain from Sveta if the device is disconnected and Sveta is open ? :p

Administrator

Good point (about complaining).

ok, i'm having a problem using the drag n' drop feature of sveta portable audio with monkey's audio files.

i'm using sveta release 5 beta 6
    dMC release 10.1
    powerpack 3 trial
    Monkey's Audio Release 7 (although the only files i've tested were monkey's audio 3.97 i think)
    Transferring to an iPod Mini (using the beta driver)
    lame (Lame.exe) 3.93.1 (the command line one here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp3-lame.htm )

What happens is i have Sveta Explorer set to do smart conversions, if it's an mp3/aac it leaves it alone, but if it's an ape file, it converts it with lame using the now common command line " -V5 --athaa-sensitivity 1"

What happens when I drag the files in is that the file tags get dropped and the "title" of the track in the database driven ipod becomes the filename, and all other metadata is lost.

Now, if I select the same files, right click, and tell it to send it to the ipod using the same lame.exe with the same command line, not using the explorer, it retains the metadata without a problem.

can anyone else reproduce this?

Administrator

What happens if you remove all smart conversions (so it converts always), and drop some mp3 files in Sveta Explorer, they should convert to mp3, do the tags copy over?

Exclamation Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

no, the tag was not retained.

even when doing mp3 to mp3 the lame.exe plugin doesn't copy the tags

but just now i tested your built in lame plugin, that doesn't allow custom command line options, and it passed the tags to the ipod and on sveta without a problem.

Administrator

Odd, it should create the mp3 then tag it later, try converting something to mp3 lame.exe and make sure the preserve tag option is checked.

ah-ha, wow, i must've not noticed, i think preserve ID tags was off.
    no wonder . . .

thansk, and sorry to bother you.

Update.
    actually it seems that when using the lame.exe codec, just converting like normal in dbpoweramp (10.1 that came with sveta) id3v1 tags are tagged properly, but looking at the files in winamp, it looks like it has an id3v2 tag, but it's blank. when i view the file in windows explorer, windows shows the title/artist etc and japanese characters. this happens even when transcoding properly encoded mp3 files.

now it even looks like it's doing the same thing with the normal lame encoder.
    should i just re-install sveta?

Administrator

For tagging install dMC R11 (beta), install over the top of Sveta- it has lots of tagging options on dMC Configuration page.

yoniz2

Doesnt want to detect my Nike Rio PSA whatever. i have it plugged in and on but it wont show up! helP!

Administrator

Please post the contents of c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\sveta-log.txt

editmantv2

I am using Sveta 5 Beta with the Bantam BA1000. I love the "Extra Bantam Properties" that finds music that has been added to the player via drag and drop. This method can find music that resides in folders INSIDE the MUSIC folder.

I noticed, however, that if folders are created inside the MUSIC folder, the BA1000 Upcoming Tracks display does not work properly. It just keeps listing the same song for both title lines.

Administrator

There are path length considerations on the bantam, partly because of this Sveta will only write to the music folder (no subfolders).

Talking Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Spoon: just downloaded latest beta R6, using with the orphan red-headed bastard stepchild of a mp3 player (the RIO 900). I must say, pretty sweet man. Was well worth the money I paid a while back since most things for the 900 never worked until I got Sveta. Now, everything works awesomely. Hell, the newer versions just get better and better, the transfer times have dropped and speeds increased, making it take only a few minutes to fill the 192MB player. So far, no real bugs that I have found, I'll keep you updated though. Oh, btw: if you know of an updated firmware to fix the incredibly flawed 900 from crashing on it's own and bleeding the battery to hell, please let me know. I think I have the original version, which is 1.63 if I recall. Would be nice if it didn't do the random crash/battery kill, but that has nothing to do with Sveta... :teufel8:

Unregistered

Hello

First, thanks Spoon, Sveta it's a great soft and so cool to use (KILL DMM)...

I Use Beta R6 and a Philips HDD060 on Windows XP pro SP2.

I think that auto dismount function doesn't work, because when I close Sveta, my HDD can be accessed via Explorer and I must use the normal way to dismount it.

And some little wishes :
    - I delete the entire content of an album in the "album" tab, but, on the left, when delete is complete, the name of album still appear (no refresh of the list) If I click on another tab then go on album tab, all is god.
    - In window list on right wish show folders, can we select a lot of folders to transfer with CTRL Key. I know of the drag and drop from explorer, but if we can do all in Sveta, it will be cooler....So depending of control you use, I can understand that it will be not possible.

Till know, no more problem encounter...