title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta Beta Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _Matt
    • Jul 2004

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Spoon even Phillips cant get thier dismount to work in DMM 3.0 it doesnt disconnect and the windows dismount icon is still active and it shows up in explorer so it only deactivates the link it doesnt dismount the device .

Comment

• Sir.B

Sveta R5 Beta3 with Rio Chiba 256

works ok
      some times crashes
      also when i add device, i don't see the pictures, just icon files. (that may be my machine setting)

i can't move tracks up or down.

i love spoon tho

Comment

• puntloos
        • Jul 2003

OK started using latest sveta and ipod plugin now.

First impressions:

You're now allowing us to fully specify the ipod directory to use for music! Yay! No more Ipod_Control :komisch9: All my wishes come true

One thing though: maybe I've missed the option but 'search entire ipod for songs' is a bit overkill here. I realise that now you need to catch it all but if I accidentally have a game installed, or something else that has 'loose' audio files in there, we get a nice honking explosion sound somewhere during our playback

My suggestion: make 2 entryboxes:

1/ BASE DIR (In my case I'd put /Music here, /Ipod_Control/Music would be the default)
        2/ The format of file creations. You know, [artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname] (hey can you add that one to the default list, your 'longest' default is redundant, the artistname twice in there.)

Also, is it perhaps possible to only save changes on exit? I don't know if it'll be a big deal to implement, but sometimes people make mistakes.. 'are you sure to save changes' might be useful.

Other than that it seems to work so far!

Addendum: Yay! ITunes works with my music at /Music - excellent! Same with Ephpod (I doubt I'll be needing that one anymore, but I needed it - I thought- to empty the entire old ipod DB. (since I moved the Music dir to the root dir)
        Last edited by puntloos; 07-22-2004, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The option to search all is on the iPod Properties page.

>[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

Just set
          Music\[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]

or Ipod_Control/Music/[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Re: Sveta R5 Beta3 with Rio Chiba 256

Originally posted by Sir.B
            works ok
            some times crashes
            also when i add device, i don't see the pictures, just icon files. (that may be my machine setting)

i can't move tracks up or down.

i love spoon tho
            Do the crashes seem random?

The only way to move tracks up or down is through a playlist.

About the pictures, you search for Rio and it lists lots or icons on the right side? are these the pictures?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• boris@looserz.c
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
              Do the crashes seem random?
              so far yes. i don't get to use it much cuz 256MB is just alot for me, and i don't tier of my selections that easy.

The only way to move tracks up or down is through a playlist.
              i figured that out, not even Rio's software lets u do that. if Sveta does alow this that will be a bonus.

About the pictures, you search for Rio and it lists lots or icons on the right side? are these the pictures?
              yes, thats what i was talking about

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The Icons should have a small image? select the chiba one for your player (you need the new chiba driver).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• puntloos
                  • Jul 2003

The option to search all is on the iPod Properties page.
                  I know this My point is that it searches the ENTIRE ipod, which takes a long time with an ipod cluttered with (for example) office 2003 install.

If you allow the user to specify the 'base directory' to search and place new music in then the program will only search what I want it to search and not include office 2003's "new mail" sound in my on the road playlists. Gave me a nice scare and some mental trauma.

Just set
                  Music\[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]
                  or Ipod_Control/Music/[artist]/[album]/[trackno xx] - [trackname]
                  Again, I know.. my point was that redundancy sucks IMHO so the last and longest option of your defaults should lose the artistname :P (thereby conforming to the puntloos standard heh) anyway this is a matter of preference I guess.

Comment

• puntloos
                    • Jul 2003

Addendum: I noticed that double-clicking on the various naming selections causes the system to remove the "ipod control' bit.

personally I don't mind but its yet another argument for my 2 entryboxes suggestion - one for the base dir, and one for the various dir naming schemes that reside in there..

Also, I dont think sveta deletes the dirs that are empty.. perhaps you can make an option that causes sveta to 'check if after deleting files the source dir is empty and if so delete dir'?
                    Last edited by puntloos; 07-29-2004, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• KGB
                      • Jul 2004

Hello :komisch9:,

I have with the beta5r5 for Sveta and hdd060 a little graphic bug.
                      If i slide up or down with the slider in the player song list.
                      I have the player picture in the background that get trashed.
                      It's trashed up or down, depending the way you go with the slider.

Cheers.

Comment

• _Matt
                        • Jul 2004

Yeah kgb I get the same bug pretty minor though compared to the bugs that are still in DMM .

Comment

• KGB
                          • Jul 2004

Hello,

Yes, minor bug, but a bug. :p
                          I don't use anymore DMM, and i will not. :komisch12

On the other hand, there is another problem.
                          If you upload songs to the hdd60, disconnect it with out closing Sveta,
                          the database is not correctly updated.
                          And after closing Sveta, if you disconnect to fast the device from the usb you get an error message.
                          Would be good to have some kind of security check and windows that display some infos.
                          Like, if Sveta is open, "Device removed, database will not be updated or will be corrupted..."
                          After closing Sveta a windows that is open for some seconds "Don't disconnect, updating database..."

Cheers.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Really that was what the auto dismount option was for, if Philips had written their usb driver correctly then all files would be correctly written to the player, but I am thinking that has problems (the same works well on the ipod, with a few problems with certain firewire cards).
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KGB
                              • Jul 2004

Hello Spoon,

After some more playing around...

Ok, but auto dismount should work only if you close Sveta, right ?
                              But that don't work at my place, for sure and every time i try.
                              Can it be that a window xp setting can make trouble ?

For sure too, if you disconnect the device and let Sveta open, then the database is not updated.

Hum, Philips, after DMM there would be no surprise that the usb driver is faulty.

Can you not make a Little workaround for that ?
                              If you can make something like i told in my last post, that would be +1.
                              So the user get some info and don't wonder what was done. :D

Cheers.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Yes only if you close sveta, realistically a timer box would be no good as I don't know the caching time for each system (some might be 1 second, others 30 seconds). Although windows should say 'delayed write error' if it is unplugged too soon.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>