title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta Beta Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Sveta Beta Discussions

Please post everything relating to the New Sveta beta here.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Unregistered

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Running R5B2a w/ RioEvo

Comment

• Num
      • Mar 2004

Ipod auto dismount when closing Sveta doesn't seem to work Spoon - using the r5b2a version with the lastest Ipod driver. The new Explorer is excellent though! Also, I can't seem to find a 1.4 updater from the Apple link you gave!
      Am I missing something? :(

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

@Num:

Which Windows version? which iPod generation? (generation 1?) and which method do you connect with (USB or Firewire)? Does nothing happen? the display on the iPod does not say 'save to remove'?

The 1.4 update is all now within one install called (I think) iPod update - it is about 19MB!! and it will update any iPod.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Num
          • Mar 2004

Hey Spoon, thanks for the reply.

Using XP Pro; Gen 2 20gb; Firewire connection. Nothing happens when I close Sveta, still get the "Do Not Disconnect" on the pod, so had to dismount through Windows. Previous Sveta worked fine. Cheers for the pointer on the 1.4 updater. I'll try again after the update.

Num

PS - I've also noticed the spinning drive symbol in the top left of the display is going all the time its connected to Sveta - it didn't show on previous version unless it was actually gaining an upload. The hard drive is definately whirring away!!
          Last edited by Num; 05-23-2004, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Num
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Num
            Hey Spoon, thanks for the reply.

Using XP Pro; Gen 2 20gb; Firewire connection. Nothing happens when I close Sveta, still get the "Do Not Disconnect" on the pod, so had to dismount through Windows. Previous Sveta worked fine. Cheers for the pointer on the 1.4 updater. I'll try again after the update.

Num

PS - I've also noticed the spinning drive symbol in the top left of the display is going all the time its connected to Sveta - it didn't show on previous version unless it was actually gaining an upload. The hard drive is definately whirring away!!
            OK - I'm a berk - hadn't ticked "Auto Dismount" in Extras! :o Updated to 1.4 and the HD is still spinning when connected, even when Sveta isn't active - bit odd.

Comment

• rupa
              • Jan 2004

Running beta with a Rio Cali 256mb with a 256mb SD card.

Issues encountered:

Playlists cannot span internal/external memory nor can I create a playlist on the external memory. The Rio manager software can do this so the hardware is capable of it.

I guess thats it -- I didn't try much more since the playlist support is how I get audiobooks to play cleanly on this device...

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I am currently limited by the current Rio SDK for playlist creation (RMM does not use their own SDK so does not have problems), it is a case of wait for a new SDK.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm not sure if it's supposed to work, but there is no playlist support for the Rio Riot with the latest Sveta beta.

Also, I just deleted all the files off my riot, and when I pressed the "refresh" button it didn't recognize that all the files had gone, I had to restart Sveta.

I like the new column view thing though!

Ed

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Thanks for the bug pointer.

Playlists are not supported through Sveta and the Riot (there should be no playlist tab in Sveta?)
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Testing with Philips HDD060

Hi,

I'm testing Sveta R5 Beta (SvetaPortableAudio-r5b4.exe) and I want to thank you for writing it - it saved me from returing the damned device to the shop.

No more DMM for me - Sveta Beta is at least 25 times better.

Although I like using it to copy my music, I adore the function of just searching the device for audio tracks that are on it.

I only had two crashes, both times when I deleted a lot of files with many other processes running in XP SP1. That definitely does not stop me from using it - it's fast and easy to use.

Keep up the excellent work,
                      SoFarUnregistred

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm a bit confused here, Spoon.

In your 'Sveta Portable Audio Release 5 Beta' thread you linked several drivers for different devices. In post #10 you say you added support for the HDD100. Is this the Philips HDD100 or for the Mpio HD100 (*note, only one D in Mpio HD100).

This possible typo is causing me some confusion. I have a Philips HDD100 and would love to use this program instead of the somewhat unhandy DMM software.

Thanks, and good luck with your wonderful software.

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Sorry it is the mpio hd100, there are discussions about adding hdd100/120 support.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Using the Hdd060 with the Beta release, its way better than the nightmare of DMM, only thing i couldn't get to work was the auto dismount, but i couldn't care less - no more DMM!!

Thanks Spoon

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

What did auto dismount do? nothing? did the HDD060 disappear from explorer after using it?
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>