title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sveta Beta Discussions

Administrator

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Delete the iPod icon from your desktop and 'apple iPod.dll' from \dbpoweramp\compression

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded and installed the new version of Sveta, and the ipod driver. Deleted previous driver first, and rebooted first, and after that I even used a registry cleaner to delete the Illustrate registry entry before reinstalling.

No joy. The screen comes up with Press add device as the only text in the "installed drivers" box. So I do, and in the next screen, the one with the ipod and generic icons on the right, there is already text stating Apple ipod in the box on the left. I go and highlight one of the ipod icons (I would say it was the silver one, if you were the car guys), and set the advanced options, and hit the add button. Then it says "A device with this name exists already".

It is almost as if the drivers are in place, but for some reason, an icon to start things up is not getting added to my desktop. Is there any way I can construct an icon? Can you tell me if I use the construct shortcut wizard, what to type in as the location of the file that starts thing up?

In reference to your suggestion to delete the ...sveta/devices...folder, I checked after my reinstall, and there is one there now, with an ipod.dll in it.

The first reply was to LtData. To Spoon:

That did it!

Thanks very much. Looks like I am in business now.

I have an issue with Sveta (or could be dbPowerAmp). I'm using the latest release candidate and pocket pc driver. When converting everything to OGG (regular DLL) or any other format everything works fine, but I can't get it working with the "Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3 SSE2". What happens is that it converts and sends the first song and then it just hangs when it should start converting the second song. I open task manager and see musicconverter.exe at 0% cpu. I also tried creating my own ogg encoder using the CLI "codec" and the same thing happens. Sometimes it won't even start converting the first song but hangs there.

Also, when I click the "dMC configuration" shortcut nothing comes up and also leaves a hanging musicconvertor.exe. When I uninstall aoTuv B3 SSE2 and CLI codecs it works fine.

Have you tried the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3, ICL 8.1 Compile (Beta) along with the standard Ogg Codec? The SSE version works only with certain processors but won't work with others.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    Have you tried the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV B3, ICL 8.1 Compile (Beta) along with the standard Ogg Codec? The SSE version works only with certain processors but won't work with others.
    The SSE version works fine for the first song and when run from the command line. I'm sure that's not the issue.

Administrator

>Also, when I click the "dMC configuration" shortcut nothing comes up and also leaves
    > a hanging musicconvertor.exe. When I uninstall aoTuv B3 SSE2 and CLI codecs it
    > works fine.

Perhaps they are being installed to the wrong location, a non-dbpoweramp dll in \compression\ might cause problems for dbpoweramp.

Unhappy Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

I am using iPOD mini with version of Apple iPOD driver 1.4 with Sveta Portable B5 - RC - 1 and version 6.0 of Sveta iPod Driver. OS is WinXP Pro, SP 2.\

When I install Sveta iPod driver, I receive the following error msg. during the running of svetaconfig.exe installation. "error while running C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\svetaconfig.exe.

When I place some songs on the iPOD, and then try to listen to them, the iPod just scans the list of songs and then returns to the menu.

The songs that I am downloading to the iPod is .mpa files.

Two questions:
    1). What can I do to get the Sveta iPod driver to go to normal end of job?
    2). Why is the iPOD skip over the songs that I d/l?

Thanks

Administrator

>installation. "error while running C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\svetaconfig.exe.

Install Sveta first, then install the ipod driver to the same location as Sveta.

Smile Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Thanks

All in all, a good product just got better.