title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tags

Administrator

Re: Tags

Copy the files to your local computer, then edit the tags for just one of the files, then right click on the same file, edit the tags again and see if the changes have stuck.

NOPE. Doesn't change anything. (At least the way I'm doing it) Need to PM me so I can talk to somebody via phone call/face time to show what's going on/ This is ridiculous.

Administrator

We do not offer phone support, sorry.

Please upload one of the files to drop box, and send me a share link to it by personal mail on this forum.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
    NOPE. Doesn't change anything. (At least the way I'm doing it) Need to PM me so I can talk to somebody via phone call/face time to show what's going on/ This is ridiculous.
    Any chance your files are set to read only? Does any other tag program (Windows Media Player, iTunes, Foobar2000) have success in making changes in those environments? This seems very unusual.

They are read and write. Thanks

Sent. Hope I sent link correctly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

They are read and write. Thanks
    OK that is good. What about this question - Does any other tag program (Windows Media Player, iTunes, Foobar2000) have success in making changes in those environments?

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    OK that is good. What about this question - Does any other tag program (Windows Media Player, iTunes, Foobar2000) have success in making changes in those environments?
    I have several box sets on the server HD. One called "Best of Blues" 4CDs. In the Album listing, there are 4 separate album covers shown. I have tried to change the tags with iTunes. Still have 4 separate album covers shown. Now all the song titles of all 4 CDs have been deleted and replaced with Best of Blues. So yes some changes are possible with iTunes. Just am not doing it correctly.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have several box sets on the server HD. One called "Best of Blues" 4CDs. In the Album listing, there are 4 separate album covers shown. I have tried to change the tags with iTunes. Still have 4 separate album covers shown. Now all the song titles of all 4 CDs have been deleted and replaced with Best of Blues. So yes some changes are possible with iTunes. Just am not doing it correctly.
    In iTunes, the Get Info function only allows changing the track TITLE (Apple lists this as Song) when looking at just one file. If multiple files are selected, changing Song field is not possible. So I dont know how you managed to rename all of your tracks to match the ALBUM tag as a batch. To change the album artwork, you first have to delete the ones that were there originally, then you can put the new one back for all 4 discs and that is what you will see. Otherwise what happens is you are adding an extra cover, but most software including iTunes will only display the original/first image that was saved.

I see you sent a sample file link to the developer. I suggest we wait for feedback before we go any further.

Administrator

Here is what I did, I downloaded your album, and saved it to the music folder on OSX, running dBpoweramp R17.4

On the first track '01 Truckin'.m4a' right click >> Services >> Edit Tags in dBpoweramp

For the album name I typed ' 123' on the end of the existing album name, clicked ok. Then right click >> services >> edit tags in dBpoweramp

the album name was saved correctly as 'Ladies & Gentlemen, Disc 1 123'

can you try the above exactly as I have done it, on that exact track.

Yes that changed the Album name on the first song. I am trying to see one album cover in the server software for the set instead of 4 album covers (one for each disc in the set). I have finally figured out that the Album name in the Album window in CD ripper needs to be the exact same name for each disc to be loaded as one album cover on the server software. Many of the CDs in the multidisc sets are seen by DBpower amp as (for example) Ladies and Gentlemen (CD1), Ladies and Gentlemen (CD2) etc. As the Album window only shows a limited number of characters, I was unaware that the names were actually different during ripping. So I want to clean up my library to show only one album cover for the multidisc sets. thanks.

Administrator

Yes album names have to match exactly to be treated as one album.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes album names have to match exactly to be treated as one album.
    Further to this, for most players both Album and AlbumArtist tags must be filled in and match to be considered a single album and differentiate from other Artists that have the same Album name. Make sure you add the proper track and disc numbers so they stay in the proper order.

For ripping, I use this string to ensure each Album gets ripped to the correct folder, even with multi disc albums. Feel free to use or modify as needed. Note it includes the sort tags as well, suited for IOS apps and many newer Android ones as well.
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE][tag]album artist sort[],[tag]album artist sort[],[album artist][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE][tag]album sort[],[tag]album sort[],[album][] [[IFVALUE][tag]album artist sort[],[tag]album artist sort[],[album artist][]][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][]

So back to my original dilemma.. Can I use Dbpoweramp or perfect tunes to combine the multiple albums covers shown into one cover that includes all the CDs in the set?? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, you can.

Dat Ei