title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tags

Tags

Now that I have finally figured out how to rip box sets cds and end up with one CD icon in the server software (instead of 4 or 6 separate icon/covers from a box set) I would like to change previous rips of box sets that appear as separate CDs. For example I have 4 covers shown for Fleetwood Mac 25 Years set in album listing on server. Need help with tags to consolidate these multiple covers into one album in list of albums. Been trying in IDTags, but as I am an old guy, this stuff is very difficult without a video tutorial or detailed instructions. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Tags

1. Change the ALBUM tag field to the exact same album name for all disks
    2. Give each disk a unique disk number tag field value (disks 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)
    3. If you want same artwork, copy the folder.jpg (or cover.jpg) you prefer into each disk subfolder. (or if you use a naming scheme that puts all the tracks in a single folder, with 1.01, 1.02....2.01, 2.02, simply make sure that single folder has the artwork you want as folder.jpg or cover.jpg.

OK I have followed the directions on tag editing. Highlighted folders of the same box set, then right click on a selected file(s), choose Services >> Edit Tags with dBpoweramp. Then I type in Album name click OK at bottom and nothing happens. As I mentioned---- I need detailed instructions ----I am very novice at working with software. Not a genius like some of these software companies/developers expects everyone to be.

Administrator

After you change the album name, re do the right click Edit Tags, does it show the changed album name or the original?

I have a folder named Fleetwood Mac 25 years on my server. When I open the folder there are 4 discs listed as follows The Chain; 25 Years, Disc 1, etc. I highlight the 4 folders to edit and go to services and edit tags with dbpoweramp. type in Fleetwood Mac in artist and 25 Years The Chain in album and then hit OK. Nothing changes after that. Still get 4 separate album covers on iPad server software under albums listing.

If i redo the right click edit tags it shows the same name.

Administrator

Check that you have write access to the files, if they are stored on a network share bring them to the local computer. Any other programs which might be using the files close that program.

What format is your audio saved in?

If i need to change art work, I change it on my mac---I delete the artwork work folder and either drag or copy new art work to the song/albuum listing. My audio is saved in ALAC.

PS I am working off the hard drive of Aurender server.

Administrator

Move the files to the local computer, edit the tags, check they are edited then move them back.

OK I moved the files to desktop on computer. Highlighted, Edit tags with DBPoweramp. typed in album name. Clicked OK. Nothing happens. I'm not sure I am filling out all the lines of the window correctly. Very frustrating.

Administrator

What audio type are your files?

dBpoweramp Guru

When you say nothing happens, do you mean that the tag info doesn&*8217;t change (checking from your player, etc) or do you mean the file name does not change rather than the tag info.
    Last edited by garym; 10-31-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Alac

OK I opened the HD of the Aurender. Opened folder of Artist box set. Highlighted the 4 separate cd from box set. Moved to desktop. Highlighted all folders in desktop. right click. Edit tags with DBpoweramp. typed in album name. typed in discs 1, 2 3, 4. Hit ok. Moved the 4 folders back to Aurender HD. They still appear on the list of albums was 4 separate CDs with same cover. I want them to appear as 1 cover. Like I mentioned-----
    I need line by line specific instructions to make this work on my end.