title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple Music to FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArabicaKopi
    • Oct 2021

Apple Music to FLAC

Hi, I am new to file conversion and have some questions.

I tried to convert a music file from Apple Music to FLAC. The file is converted with a compression at 24bits and the sampling rate is at 44.1kHz

How do I know if I should use 96kHz or 44.1kHz?
    Can I convert the FLAC further using uncompressed lossless encoding? Will it helps in the audio file in any way apart from the larger file size?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Apple Music to FLAC

Originally posted by ArabicaKopi
    Hi, I am new to file conversion and have some questions.

I tried to convert a music file from Apple Music to FLAC. The file is converted with a compression at 24bits and the sampling rate is at 44.1kHz

How do I know if I should use 96kHz or 44.1kHz?
    Can I convert the FLAC further using uncompressed lossless encoding? Will it helps in the audio file in any way apart from the larger file size?
    using FLAC uncompressed will only make the file size larger. It will have zero impact on sound quality, and almost zero impact on decoding speed. Whether FLAC 0, or uncompressed or FLAC 8, the file is decoded to the original PCM.

What is the original file you are converting? ALAC or AIFF? if the original is 16/44.1, there is nothing to gain from converting it to anything higher. If the original file is 24/44.1, then I'd convert to FLAC 24/44.1.

Comment

Working...

]]>