title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: License transfer needed? - Planning to sell Primera Composer XP with computer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

License transfer needed? - Planning to sell Primera Composer XL with computer

First of all, I would like to thank Spoon for all the help and guidance in getting dbpoweramp, Primera Composer XL, and my HP laptop configured to rip all our household CDs onto our Plex server. The end result is that almost all of our family's music library, photos, and TV shows are accessible throughout the house from any of the various TVs, computers, and phones connected to the LAN. Only a few specially encrypted CDs were rejected and could not be ripped by dbpoweramp.

It has been over a year since I finished ripping and cataloging everything and I am thinking about selling the Primera XL, and probably including the HP laptop since it was dedicated and specially configured for the ripping project with IEEE1394/firewire and usb-RS232 cable adapters to connect it with the Primera.

So before I list the system for sale on Craigslist, I thought I would check in here to see about the procedure for transferring the dbpoweramp batch ripper license. Even though this may not be technically necessary if the computer on which it is installed is being sold, I would prefer that the software license be transferred into the purchaser's name.

Again, I am very happy with the dbpoweramp software and its use with the Primera Composer as a ripper, my project is finished and it's time to turn it over to someone else with a big CD/DVD library to rip.

-BGood
    Last edited by BriGood; 10-17-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Add image

Administrator

Re: License transfer needed? - Planning to sell Primera Composer XL with computer

The software is registered to the first purchaser. Batch ripper is a free install if dBpoweramp reference is included.