title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerectTunes flagging Files as having errors

PerectTunes flagging Files as having errors

I am new to dbPowerAmp and PerfectTUNES. I have ALAC files that are either ripped from my own CDs or bought from Qobuz or HDTracks. My questions is PerfectTUNES are flagging the files I bought from QoBuz or HDTracks as having errors. My understanding is that it uses AccurateRIP as reference to validate the music files. Since QoBuz and HDTracks get their source materials from the music companies and do not process music on their end, I don't understand how these files end up being flagged as having errors. Is there a solution to resolve this issue?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerectTunes flagging Files as having errors

Quote Originally Posted by hansph View Post
    I am new to dbPowerAmp and PerfectTUNES. I have ALAC files that are either ripped from my own CDs or bought from Qobuz or HDTracks. My questions is PerfectTUNES are flagging the files I bought from QoBuz or HDTracks as having errors. My understanding is that it uses AccurateRIP as reference to validate the music files. Since QoBuz and HDTracks get their source materials from the music companies and do not process music on their end, I don't understand how these files end up being flagged as having errors. Is there a solution to resolve this issue?
    perfectunes doesn't flag files as "errors" if they don't match AccurateRip. It simply reports them as not matching AR (not as errors). By the way, I have many albums purchased from Qobuz and they never match AR in PerfectTunes. Some are hi-rez, which can't be checked. Others that are 16/44.1 *could* be checked, but they typically don't match because of offsets, etc. (since they weren't originally ripped from a CD).

I can understand HiRes part couldn't be checked. I'm more worried about the 16bit/44.1kHz. I had a lot of CDs that have degraded and I just keep the accurately ripped portions and I just substitute the bad tracks by just buying from Qobuz just to plug the holes. A lot of my CDs are out of print and I'm in a real rush to rip them accurately.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is still not clear to me whether you are getting messages that say there is an error in the track (or it is corrupted) versus that it doesn't match the AccurateRip database. These are very different things. Copy and post the message you are getting here as an example. (and even 16/44.1 files I download from qobuz don't get matched in AR, because they weren't "ripped" from a CD. But they are still good files.

It definitely says there is an error in the track(s) with an "x" mark at the side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

These messages are about the tracks not matching AccurateRip, by the looks of it your tracks have ripping errors, that is what accuraterip is there for, try re-ripping those discs, in dBpoweramp.