title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Custom database field question V7

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Custom database field question V7

Hi
    I am in the process of moving from premium registered version 6 to V7
    Setting it up from scratch on a RPi 4.

To be compliant with my old installation and archiving rules, I need to create about a dozen new database fields. For V6 I had it figured out, V7 still gives me problems.
    - when is a database field just named as is, with no addition?
    - when do I need the addition ,TEXT and how does that
    interact with the browse tree
    - same question goes for INTEGER (I have a few values, that are numbers, like my compilation tag - I mark it with a „1“. Or „quality“ - I distinguish from 44.1/16 up to 192/24.
    - how do I achieve, that the browse tree stays unpopulated, when there is not item containing that very tag? Right now, the browse window is populated with other items, when the tag is not found in that section of the browse tree

Sometimes, adding or leaving out xxxxx,TEXT seems to alter the way, the value is displayed in the browse tree. So any advice is absolutely welcome!

Administrator

Re: Custom database field question V7

For any values which are long and repeated, such as Artist have no ,TEXT, this tells the program to create a table of all artists and index them, creating a smaller database.

INTEGER should be used for any numbers.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    For any values which are long and repeated, such as Artist have no ,TEXT, ...
    Thank you, Spoon, for the clarification. I have encountered one problem, though, with my additional database fields, that has worked for me in V6.

For example, I have a value called "Classical Composer" - this is in the form of "Lastname, First Name(s)". I found out, that I got zero tracks and zero albums, when I named the database entry just "Classical Composer", so I used "Classical Composer,TEXT" and was successful.

But:
    As long as there is only one composer's name in the tag field, I am fine. But there are collaborations, so the tag looks like "Lastname, First Name(s); Lastname 2, First Name(s) 2". This leads to the output, that
    a.) only the first composer is recognized, the second composer will not show up in the list at all.
    and
    b.) this very composer then is listed twice in the browse tree - once with the collaboration album (and JUST this very collaboration album) and the second time with all OTHER albums (WITHOUT the collaboration album in the list).

So I tried to get rid of the ; as a deliminator and split the tag up as two separate entries. MP3tag shows this as "Lastname, First Name(s)\\Lastname 2, First Name(s) 2" in the main window, and in detail view there are TWO separate entries for "Classical Composer" (btw.: I do that with all artists as well, that's why I thought, that might work for that very tag as well). Unfortunately, it did not. Result is as described above: two entries in the browse tree for composer 1, composer 2 is not recognized/diplayed.

Is there any way to make that work (I have a few other additional database fields, that have multiple "names" in them - such as lyricist, arranger, record engineer)?

Also, I'd like to point out, that all my additional database entries seem to need the " ,TEXT" addition - even those with just ONE name/entry, otherwise I get the above mentioned Zero tracks / Zero albums output. I hope, that's fine...

Thanks for helping me in the matter - and for creating this amazing piece of software and keeping it up to date.

Administrator

To have multiple value storage you would have to have just 'Classical Composer' without ,TEXT

Try a refresh (rescan all)