title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp 17.5 not recognising certain CDs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrWriter
    • Nov 2017

dBpoweramp 17.5 not recognising certain CDs?

I have the latest dBpoweramp, Release 17.5, running on macOS Big Sur version 11.6 (latest) and dBpoweramp does not recognise about 10 percent of the CDs I put into my CD drive. It just says 'looking for CD' and it stays like that for ages with the occasional chugging sound.

I have two CD drives, a genuine Apple USB one and another third party one I bought from Amazon just last week to see if that would help, it didn't.

The CD I'm trying to rip is the soundtrack to Blade Runner, recent issue bought off Amazon Oct 2021).

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp 17.5 not recognising certain CDs?

Try unchecking the metadata provider GD3, it is currently down.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrWriter
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try unchecking the metadata provider GD3, it is currently down.
      What does this mean and how do I do it?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Open cd ripper, click the green options button at the top and there you can find the active metadata providers.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrWriter
          • Nov 2017

Thanks, Spoon. I just unchecked it, but dBpoweramp still says 'Looking for disc...' under Rip Status when I insert a CD so it did not work.

Comment

• MrWriter
            • Nov 2017

Says Looking for disc under Rip Status and the Blue progress bar at bottom says Retrieving intelligent metadata from: MusicBrainz and the blue render line only goes up about 3 per cent, sits there for a few minutes before the drive spits out the CD.

I unchecked MusicBrainz and ran CD again, but next time it did the same thing, only it said on blue render line at bottom Retrieving intelligent metadata from: GD3 so I unchecked that one too.

In the end I unchecked them all, except Manual metadata search, but it still did not work.

After it did not find anything it gave me the option to search discogs myself, which I did, then I chose the correct resulting metadata for the album and inserted the disc again, but it just said Looking for disc under Rip Status again. It just will not have this disc, period.

CD is Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis. Recent issue.

Comment

Working...

]]>