title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New User Needs Help Ripping without Errors - super choppy audio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sydsl
    • Oct 2021

New User Needs Help Ripping without Errors - super choppy audio

Greetings and salutations, dbpoweramp gods, I beseech thee.

I am a new user on a new install, and I am currently unable to rip CDs. I did complete the Key CD offset step. Although, it was strange that several popular CDs were not recognized (Pink Floyd, Tom Petty). I attempted to rip one of my Key CDs. It took more than 30mins. It did rip the files to both FLAC and MP3. However, upon playback, the audio is unlistenable. It is very choppy as if there is a slight delay between each frame.

Subsequently, I researched setup help from several forums and also used dbpoweramp's own help material. This was very insightful but did not help my problem. Now, CDs will not rip at all. When shifting to Ultra Secure, it is as-if it wants to re-rip every single frame in the song. With the new settings, I was limiting the frames to re-rip to 100. So, that is why it is not ripping at all. But if I remove that limit, then see my initial problem above.

I uninstalled McAfee and turned off Windows security. Neither helped.

Can you please help me?

Thanks
    Syd
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: New User Needs Help Ripping without Errors - super choppy audio

Try unticking use *C2 error checking* in ripper setup.

Comment

• sydsl
      • Oct 2021

Bingo, that solved it. Thanks a million Gary.

For my continuing education, what is the C2 error checking doing, and why was it leading to my problem?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sydsl
        Bingo, that solved it. Thanks a million Gary.

For my continuing education, what is the C2 error checking doing, and why was it leading to my problem?
        Many drives say they support C2 checking but often do not. It is no big deal. Just leave unticked. google C2 error checking for more details.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...

]]>