title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cant skip tracks

Cant skip tracks

Hi all,

been using asset on my synology DS218J with no issues for about a year. Having just updated the NAS to DSM7 and updated asset to version 7.3 im now having issues with being able to skip forward tracks. Im using a Naim ATom and skipping is working if i use the Synology server, spotify, Qobuz etc.... its only when using asset im having an issue.

It seems to be if i select the jukebox selection i cannot skip forward. I can skip backward though. If i then go back to play an album i cant skip forward either. However if i play an album first i can skip forward. If i then try to use jukebox i cant skip forward once more and if going back to an album it wont skip again unless i restart the server and play an album first. Seems to be an issue with the jukebox selection messing it up.

Ive tried rescanning the NAS, restarting it, restarting the router etc.... But the issue is always there if i try using jukebox.

Has anyone else had this issue or any ideas behind it? If my NAS is on DSM 7 can i reinstall version 6 of the asset server?

Administrator

Re: Cant skip tracks

If on the jukebox track listing, you click on the next track in the list (before the current one finishes), does it play the track? also when playing the tracks do they play one after the other without skipping in jukebox mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If on the jukebox track listing, you click on the next track in the list (before the current one finishes), does it play the track? also when playing the tracks do they play one after the other without skipping in jukebox mode?
    No, when i click the jukebox selection it looks to load the tracks but once hitting play its seemingly only loading one track as a playlist, presumably this is why it isnt skipping forward as there isnt another track in the playlist to skip forward to.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

Please go to Asset settings, troubleshooting page and click 'start logging'.
    Then recreate the issue.
    Download UPnP log and send it to me ( peter@dbpoweramp.com ) for analysis.

Unfortunately you can't downgrade to Asset R6, it's not compatible with DSM version 7.

Super Moderator

Thanks for the details.

Please go to Asset settings / options, set Dynamic Playlist Item Count to a lower value, such as 100 or 400.
    Does the problem go away then?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for the details.

Please go to Asset settings / options, set Dynamic Playlist Item Count to a lower value, such as 100 or 400.
    Does the problem go away then?
    Hi, no it doesnt change anything. ive tried each option for number of tracks, it only ever loads one on the playist

Administrator

There is an option in the naim app to reset its data, the naim app caches, so potentially it has something from R6 cached.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is an option in the naim app to reset its data, the naim app caches, so potentially it has something from R6 cached.
    makes no difference, ive done that on the apps on my phone and chromebook :(

Administrator

What audio format is your collection?

mostly flac with some mp3