title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ASUS BW-16D1HT Errors everywhere...

ASUS BW-16D1HT Errors everywhere...

Hello All-

I have finally committed to RIPing all my music and bought the whole dbPoweramp package. I also bought an ASUS BW-16D1HT drive as it had the highest ranking in the drives list.

The first 10 discs I put either had an error for every single track or only read and confirmed about 80% of the tracks on the disc.

I decided to take a disc where about 80% of the tracks were ripped and verified and put it into a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-XS06 and it ripped the remaining tracks on every disc that this ASUS didn't/couldn't.

My question is I must have some settings wrong or something. How can the ASUS drive get a 99%+ rating on the drives list and every disc I put into it has errors that the Pioneer drive can read. I don't want to use the Pioneer drive to RIP 2,000+ cd's that's why I bought the ASUS. I use the Pioneer to RIP my movies for PLEX.

I am using the latest and greatest build to order MacBook Pro 16" with every single spec maxed out so I don't think it's a computer issue but I could be wrong.

Can someone please give me some guidance that has this drive and has been using it with success as to what settings you are using? If there is a better drive please let me know and I will buy it. I just want to do this project and get it over with as I have been dreading doing it for sometime!

Thanks for all your help...

EDIT: Of the 10-12 discs I have put in the ASUS not a single disc has ripped completely or error free...
    Last edited by fight on!; 10-03-2021 at 02:21 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: ASUS BW-16D1HT Errors everywhere...

If you have ticked the *use C2 error checking* in ripper drive setup, try unticking this option.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

@garyM's advice is good, definitely try that first.

I also wanted to share a personal experience with the ASUS BW-16D1HT. I started getting a lot of errors ripping Blu-rays and CD Audio discs.
    I actually thought the drive was or had failed and started gathering my paperwork for a warranty claim.
    On a whim, I re-flashed the firmware in the drive (same version), reboot and no more errors.
    I have needed to do this re-flash once or twice every year to keep the errors away. I have never seen this type of problem before but thought I would share in case this helps others.

Fascinating. I'm going to see if I can re-flash the LG now...

I ripping several hundred. The ASUS I'm using two of is the DRW-24F1ST d. It's both cheap and quite accurate, better than my LG GH22NS50.

But I STRONGLY recommend running multiple drives. Two at minimum, three is better. If I get errors on the LG, I'll pick those off on an ASUS.
    Last edited by wallewek; 10-14-2021 at 06:44 PM.