title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to use "User Rename List (Display / Tag Mapping)"

How to use "User Rename List (Display / Tag Mapping)"

Hi,
    I'm in my trial period for Asset (on Synology NAS), deciding if I will switch from MinimServer to Asset.

I managed to edit the Browse Tree in something that suits me. The flexibility here is great.

Something I don't understand is the use and effect of "User Rename List (Display / Tag Mapping)".

Perhaps this can be used for something I'm hoping is possible.
    For my classical music collection I'm using the tags "Soloist","Orchestra" and "Conductor".
    For not getting double registrations, I don't use the "Artist" tag with classical music.
    With MinimServer I can change the display of the Artist tag and fill it with "Artist Soloist Orchestra Conductor".
    With popmusic the Artist only displays Artist, with classic music the Artist becomes "Soloist Orchestra Conductor", for instance "Jorge Bolet, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Ricardo Chailly".
    Is something like this possible with Asset? If so, how?

Another question.
    MinimServer makes use of the "DiscSubtitle" tag with Multidisc albums. If a multidisc album has this tag, it's possible to use this tag to select a specific disc from the multidisc set and play only that disc.
    Is something like this possible with Asset?

Re: How to use "User Rename List (Display / Tag Mapping)"

Hi, see no option to edit my own posting, thus a reply instead.

Quote: Something I don't understand is the use and effect of "User Rename List (Display / Tag Mapping)".

Tried few things here, but don't see anything happening. Also tried the "such as 'Artist / Album' type onto a new line: display:=Artist / Album:=Renamed Artist Text" , but no luck.
    So, what's the trick here

Administrator

from the help:

User Rename List (Display / Tag mapping) enables the shown tree names to be replaced, or ID tags to be changed (perhaps to blend all 'Pop / Rock' genres to 'Pop). Clicking [Edit Rename List] gives details of how to perform the renaming.

After making changes you would have to do a rescan (refresh all)

Hi Spoon,
    Thanks. Saw the help text before, but still leaves me puzzled.

But try to make it more specific.
    As I wrote, for my classical music collection I use the tags "Soloist","Orchestra" and "Conductor".
    I don't use the "Artist" tag with classical music, don't want duplicate info in the tags.
    Can I use the rename tag mapping option to get the "Soloist","Orchestra" and "Conductor" info in the "Artist" tag?

Administrator

Not currently no.