title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

moving questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vintageveloce
    • Nov 2010

moving questions

I'm moving to a new PC and have settings in the various dBpoweramp apps that I want to move as well. I'd rather not have to retype all my custom naming setups and path names, etc.

I see the settings are kept here:
    Code:
    in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate

and this path:

%appdata%\dbpoweramp
    Am I making any mistakes just copying these over to the new PC? Are there and optical drive details or other PC specific features that I should "reset" or "relearn"?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: moving questions

No those are the two locations
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• vintageveloce
      • Nov 2010

Are there any optical drive details or other PC specific features that I should "reset" or "relearn"?

Comment

• vintageveloce
        • Nov 2010

OK just for reference:
        The Registry did contain the CDRipper profiles I wanted to move. Excellent.

I also see it has some "drive settings" After I did my first rip on the new computer the new drive was added to the registry drive settings.

For the other settings in Windows 10, the path I found was
        C:\Users\<username>\appdata\Roaming\dBpoweramp

Note, I placed illustrate the folder on the new PC in the proper location and updated the new computers registry BEFORE installing dBpoweramp, and that worked fine.

I also bought the latest version of the SW while I was at it. Still great stuff. Thanks Spoon!
        Last edited by vintageveloce; 09-25-2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>