title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Folder icons on iMac

Question Folder icons on iMac

I like my folders to show the album art and not just the folder icon. Will Perfect tunes do this automatically, I can do it manually but will take a lifetime with a large library. Thank you

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Folder icons on iMac

Isn't it the operating system which shows the icon? PerfectTunes manages your collection, adds miising album arts etc. pp.

Dat Ei

Possibly so.... Im not sure. I have image2icon which does the job..... one at a time and I have terabytes of music to get through so was looking for an automated process. All the albums show up in software with the album cover but when I am browsing my folders I like to be able to easily visually identify them .(And for them to look nice)

dBpoweramp Guru

What are the requirements of your operating system to show album art? Something like an embeded album art or a folder jpg?

Dat Ei

Yes and then to select the album art jpeg as the folder icon

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 18.25.15.jpg Ive tried to attach image to show where I'm going , think it looks far better!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Theresal View Post
    I like my folders to show the album art and not just the folder icon. Will Perfect tunes do this automatically, I can do it manually but will take a lifetime with a large library. Thank you
    Although I have never used it there is a program from 2ManyRobots that designed to do exactly this and is free. Called "Folder Album Artwork" and can be downloaded here https://2manyrobots.com/plaster/.

Best