title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

Anyone heard of this? Some guy on eBay claiming to sell CDs with this in the music files. Never heard of such a thing. I have heard of protections that might not allow you to rip.

Administrator

Re: Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

Yes it can exist.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How would Embedded Digital Traceable Signature if on a CD or music files be embedded if they were ripped where new files were created?

dBpoweramp Guru

I guess that specific digital patterns are added to the digital audio data. A similar concept is known for digital Photos where you can add copyright informations to the photo which can't be seen, but proofed with specific Algorithmus.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    I guess that specific digital patterns are added to the digital audio data. A similar concept is known for digital Photos where you can add copyright informations to the photo which can't be seen, but proofed with specific Algorithmus.

Dat Ei

and I assume that if embedded in the CD itself, even AccurateRip matching from ripping your CD would still work because all the CDs would contain this same digital info.