title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

Anyone heard of this? Some guy on eBay claiming to sell CDs with this in the music files. Never heard of such a thing. I have heard of protections that might not allow you to rip.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Embedded Digital Traceable Signature

Yes it can exist.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrcd
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

How would Embedded Digital Traceable Signature if on a CD or music files be embedded if they were ripped where new files were created?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

I guess that specific digital patterns are added to the digital audio data. A similar concept is known for digital Photos where you can add copyright informations to the photo which can't be seen, but proofed with specific Algorithmus.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dat Ei
          I guess that specific digital patterns are added to the digital audio data. A similar concept is known for digital Photos where you can add copyright informations to the photo which can't be seen, but proofed with specific Algorithmus.

Dat Ei

and I assume that if embedded in the CD itself, even AccurateRip matching from ripping your CD would still work because all the CDs would contain this same digital info.

Comment

Working...

]]>