title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset - first day of trial ..

Asset - first day of trial ..

1). First listed title plays the second song, second plays the third, third plays the fourth ... the last title does not play anything - is there a way to fix it without rescanning the entire database?
    2). Transcoding to wav24 does not work, only to wav - not biggy, but now that I tried it.
    3). Adding replay gain shows files as 32bit wav, really?

So far not so good, but I still have 30 days to try it.

-

Re: Asset - first day of trial ..

4). Noticed on few occasions the current song drops and immediately the next file in starts playing. Tried the same files with Synology Media Server and MinimServer, those play to the end before starting the new one.

-

Administrator

What is your player?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is your player?
    Volumio Primo and Matrix Audio Element X, controlling apps are Bubble UPnP and Hi-Fi Cast.

I added Folders & Filename Browsing{_no_track_list_} at the top of the browse tree, and this is where it fails (playing the wrong tracks when selected).
    There is quite a lot of chatter on the internet about Asset, so I wanted to try it. It appears to be still in the development.

--
    Last edited by sngreen; 09-13-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Administrator

It is not possible for Asset to get tracks mixed up in Folder and Filename browsing mode, only a player or some system between asset and the player can.

Asset never serves 32 bit audio unless the source was 32 bit.

24 bit transcoding does work, it has for the last 8 years, no complaints there. I would start simplifying your system, install foobar2000 with https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp as a test player and control asset directly from it. You should find everything mentioned here works.

I do appreciate your confidence - thank you.

Re. Mixed tracks, I think you are correct. The entire list of albums in one particular sub-folder play the next song (instead of the one that is clicked on). It does not happen when served by MinimServer, but then again, it happens only with one particular sub-folder. Could you give me a hint what to look for? - Cue file, time stamps, .. I will go over the tags once again. So no, I do not think it is an issue with Asset at this point.

Re. transcoding, 24bit showing as 32bit in Volumio Primo web interface, which is what I use when I work. Hi-Fi Cast shows it as 24bit. Same goes for 32bit. I believe you are correct, as the other devices report what you say. It is Volumio bug.

So that covers points 1-3. The fourth one, happened when I played the album from that very same "shifted" folder, so there is something off there - I am no longer convinced it is caused by Asset at this point.

24bit.jpg
    32bit.jpg

Another thing, the titles show scrambled when transcoding in to wav - only in Volumio. They appear to be fine through other controlling apps.

P.S. I don't believe it, the songs do play in correct order when controlled through the apps on my phone - Ok, disregard this whole thread, I will ask Volumio.
    Last edited by sngreen; 09-13-2021 at 08:48 AM.

And the last day of trial - very happy user!