title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there any way to make 2 channels 7.1 surround sounded?

Question Is there any way to make 2 channels 7.1 surround sounded?

Hey, weird question but is it possible to make a 2 channel 7.1 surround? or 5.1? i'm trying to upload something and they only allow 2 channels.
    I want to bypass this by making the 2 channel sound like a 8 channel. Just uploading a 8 channel gets deleted.

Administrator

Re: Is there any way to make 2 channels 7.1 surround sounded?

It is not possible.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is not possible.
    It is possible to get a completely compatible 7.1 to 2.0 downmix and 2.0 to 7.1 upmix with Penteo Pro VST3 software but it's $599 to buy. I do own it though so willing to process an album for you if you want to try it out. Spoon, not sure if it's possible to do this, but if dBpoweramp could support VST3 plugins then technically we could do mass conversions like he is talking about

Administrator

He wants a 2 channel file to sound like it is 7.1. dBpoweramp when converting to 7.1 to stereo will downconvert, but it will not sound like 7.1 because it is only 2 speakers and you cannot get the sound from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    He wants a 2 channel file to sound like it is 7.1. dBpoweramp when converting to 7.1 to stereo will downconvert, but it will not sound like 7.1 because it is only 2 speakers and you cannot get the sound from behind.
    So there's basically no way to like hide the channels or something i do not know what software they use to check the amount of channels.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Your closest chance is wma pro, and only if wherever you're uploading this to accepts that format. I'm only saying it has a chance because most programs assume the wma file extension means standard wma. If the site is in charge of playing or processing the file, well, the chances of it actually playing lessen. If you just want to upload it to download it later, it should be fine.