title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to add custom Genre in CD Ripper Genre List in Bangla?

Exclamation How to add custom Genre in CD Ripper Genre List in Bangla?

Hello Everyone!!
    How can I Add Some Custom Genre in CD Ripper Genre List in Bangla. I have search for that & found a Text file which can I edit, But the Text file doesn't support UTF-8 Coding, so when I have type in Bangla Unicode & Save That file it's doesn't support the Bangla Unicode Language. So now how can I Add some Custom Genre in CD Ripper Genre List in Bangla?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to add custom Genre in CD Ripper Genre List in Bangla?

What happens if you just edit the Genre field within CD Ripper? I guess your editor isn't able to write and edit UTF-8.

Dat Ei

I am edit with Notepad++
    after write a item in Bangla then save it. then reopen it the file shows like the screenshot
    Screenshot 2021-09-08 144541.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Try to type the new Genre right into the corresponding field with in CD Ripper.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Try to type the new Genre right into the corresponding field with in CD Ripper.

Dat Ei
    When I type my custom Genre into the UI field then it's worked fine, But the Genre doesn't store inside the CD Ripper, so when Next time I have tried to rip another CD in the same Genre then I have to Type the Genre again, & again. So I have tried to edit the List from the genre.txt file. This time I have create a New text file in UTF-8 coding & rename that file genre.txt and replace that file into C:\Users\Khalid\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp location. But when I Open the UI of CD Ripper the list doesn't show the item I had typed in that file.
    Screenshot 2021-09-08 152617.jpg

But when I open the new created genre.txt file within notepad then it show the item properly.
    Screenshot 2021-09-08 154849.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by khalidhosain View Post
    When I type my custom Genre into the UI field then it's worked fine, But the Genre doesn't store inside the CD Ripper, so when Next time I have tried to rip another CD in the same Genre then I have to Type the Genre again, & again.
    Mhm, that works for me...

It works for me too if I edit and save the genre.txt in UTF16 LE-BOM mode. If I switch the genre.txt to UTF8, CD Ripper can't show the genre.txt.

Dat Ei

Mhm, that works for me...

It works for me too if I edit and save the genre.txt in UTF16 LE-BOM mode. If I switch the genre.txt to UTF8, CD Ripper can't show the genre.txt.

Dat Ei
    How to create or Edit a text file in UTF16 LE-BOM Mode? with which software?

dBpoweramp Guru

With Notepad++. Just switch the coding.

Dat Ei

With Notepad++. Just switch the coding.

Dat Ei
    Problem Solved, Thank you so much