title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UpnP Release 7 not detecting changes

Asset UpnP Release 7 not detecting changes

I am running a HP Windows 10 Home (64 bit) PC as a dedicated media server with media on a 2TB external HD. It has been running fine for ages.
    The server runs 24/7/365 and is normally only restarted if a Windows update or anti-virus update requires it.
    I have Asset UPnP (registered) Release 7 and Serviio running on the system (both as services) and both sharing the same media files.
    Nothing else runs on the machine.

Files are added/changed over the network to the server external HD. There are 23,000 audio tracks on the server.

I have noticed that Asset UPnP is not detecting changes (even after waiting several hours) but Serviio finds them immediately.
    Restarting Asset in the configuration utility does not trigger it but "Detecting Changes" immediately finds the missing changed files.

I have not tried restarting the server.
    Last edited by Paul C; 09-01-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Administrator

Re: Asset UpnP Release 7 not detecting changes

Once you have a certain number of files Windows no longer sends the drive updated notification, so only manual scanning will detect the changes. I think it is around 20,000 files.

Re: Asset UpnP Release 7 not detecting changes

Thanks. I saw this on a very old post but not sure if it still applied.
    A bit of a pain as the server is "hidden" away.