title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Edit ID-Tag - How can I permanently set the fields I want?

Edit ID-Tag - How can I permanently set the fields I want?

I am trying to set some permanent fields so that I don't have to do this on every single song. There must be a way to do this.
    Here's an example. Here's a song which I am editing. It is not showing all the fields I use - and this is because this information isn't on the song (I assume).
    dBPoweramp - ID3 tagging example.jpg

Now, here is a song with all the fields that I do use:
    dBPoweramp - ID3 tagging example2.jpg

I have a number of songs that don't have all the metadata on them for some reason. It's not important as to why, but the point is that I shouldn't have to add fields every time I want to put this information on a song such as the second capture (David Bowie).

How can I set the program so that it holds the fields that I want, so that as I go through songs one-by-one, I don't have to keep adding these fields each and every time? It's arduous and quite the pain.

There must be an easier way.

I hope someone has the answer. I really appreciate it

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Edit ID-Tag - How can I permanently set the fields I want?

If you select multiple tracks before selecting Edit ID-tag, you can edit metadata for all the selected tracks, rather than one at a time.