title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how to avoid resizing of cover art?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afischer
    • Jan 2021

how to avoid resizing of cover art?

hi,

i just discovered that dbpoweramp seems to resize my cover art in any case... is there a way to avoid that? i'm using jpg's with quite good quality, and i don't want dbpoweramp to resize that and create another jpg with less quality.

assuming that's the parameters in effect, i've set maximum pixel size to 3200 x 3200, maximum file size to 2000kb, but still a 590kb file gets resized to 450kb for no obvious reason.

any help appreciated to keep my original file :-)

regards,
    andi
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: how to avoid resizing of cover art?

It will be reading the file in and recompressing, no real quality will be lost on the image. The reason it does this is because there can be different encoded jpg, png etc which audio players cannot read, so if dBpoweramp always writes the file it is known there is no issues with players.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• afischer
      • Jan 2021

alright, thanks for your quick reply. would have preferred an option to deselect resizing though, but ok. do you have any recommendations for the two parameters (or others, if in effect) to keep a maximum of quality of the original jpg image? with default settings, it was obvisous that the resulting image lacked of quality (that's how i discovered that resizing had been done).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Please email us the original image, email address on the about link on the top of this forum.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• afischer
          • Jan 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
          Please email us the original image, email address on the about link on the top of this forum.
          did you receive my mail yesterday? i'm just wondering, being unsure what it was exactly for, and if you will provide additional info on how to set the two parameters, or if you might announce a new option for near future that avoids applying a lossy format on an already lossy format.

maybe you can get back with your thoughts on it, as i stopped my ripping process for the moment.

regards,
          andi

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

I have got it yes, we will look at how it is processed, there might be a future option, but it will not be in the short term.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• afischer
              • Jan 2021

alright, thanks. if you have any further information or advices about setting those 2 parameters, please let me know.

as such a future option would be the absolutely preferred method, i will stop processing for the moment and see if you are able to implement it. just to have an idea about s possible timeline, in case of implementation, would that be available then like in early 2022, or late 2022, or what would you consider to be a realistic schedule?

regards,
              andi

Comment

Working...

]]>