title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Bose - Cannot add new service - Asset on QNAP

Bose - Cannot add new service - Asset on QNAP

Asset for QNAP version 7.2 (Registered)

Installed and configured n my QNAP NAS and I can access from BubbleUPNP on my tablet and from Windows 10 Media Player but I cannot add in Bose Soundtouch as a new service.

I have tried rebooting Bose, Router NAS.

As I can access the Bubble and windows media player (on more than one device) I presume the issue is not QNAP.

The FW on the Bose was updated a couple of weeks back, so I assume it has the latest although I cannot find which version.

I can access the QNAP "DLNA Media Server" from the Bose and play music.

Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Kevan

Administrator

Re: Bose - Cannot add new service - Asset on QNAP

Try restarting everything, including home router.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try restarting everything, including home router.
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, but as I said in my original post, I have already tried rebooting/restarting router, Bose, Qnap.

I have also tried installing Asset on a windows 10 PC and although I can assess on other devices, I cannot add as a new service on the Bose.

Thanks

Administrator

Some players are hard coded to specific UPnP servers, it could be the BOSE is one of these (that technically do not follow the UPnP standard).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Some players are hard coded to specific UPnP servers, it could be the BOSE is one of these (that technically do not follow the UPnP standard).
    Thanks, I am also coming to that conclusion.

Asset was working, then there was a firmware update to version 27.0.1 3/4 weeks back but I have only just noticed that the Bose can no longer access the Asset on either QNAP or a test install on Windows.

It can access the standard Qnap DLNA Music Server, but this is no where as good as Asset.