title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user- Inaccurate rip (200)

New user- Inaccurate rip (200)

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased dbpoweramp to rip my cd collection to flac after some great recommendations. I bought a USB dvd drive and opened a brand new cd album never been used (it is a popular cd that has sold millions) fresh from Amazon. However as I began the rip, every song just came up after ripping with 'Inaccurate rip (200)' for every track on the album. Is this something I've done? Is there anything I can do to accurately copy the songs from the disc?

Many thanks for your help

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: New user- Inaccurate rip (200)

Try Turning off C2 error checking in your ripping settings.

Thanks for your reply. I don't think C2 error checking was on? I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, but I originally just left whatever default settings were on and tried to rip a CD to FLAC. Every track just showed an Inaccurate rip (200) error message. I have since gone to 'CD Ripper options' and selected 'Secure' ripping method as it was on burst as default. Since selecting burst I still get the same AR (200) error for every song but a green tick for secure. In terms of the songs ripped themselves, they are not ripping properly and they all have this same sort of clicking noise throughout the song when playing the FLAC file. Is there anyone that knows what to do or can give me some advice as I've purchased this software with some additional add ons and currently I can't even use it! Thanks in advance, I've copied one of the messages from the end of the CD rip so someone clever may be able to understand what is going on!

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Music\Various Artists\The Greatest Showman (Soundtrack)\02 Ziv Zaifman - A Million Dreams.flac'
    Track 2: Ripped LBA 22661 to 42870 (4:29) in 1:53. Filename: C:\Users\Music\Various Artists\The Greatest Showman (Soundtrack)\02 Ziv Zaifman - A Million Dreams.flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 200) Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 9787F925 AccurateRip CRC: F44A19B5 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 011-00107300-008cf8c0-96095c0b-2]

dBpoweramp Guru

You think C2 is not ticked. But have you actually confirmed this in the ripper settings?

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you check the C2 error pointer settings? Some drives report that they can handle C2 error pointers but they can't. So check it please and retry to rip.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

And is this happening on every CD you rip or just one?

Thanks for your replies. I checked the C2 error pointer settings and they weren't enabled, I checked and ran the test to see if my drive was compatible but it wasn't.
    Yes it's happening for every disc, I've even tried brand new discs ripped straight out of the wrapper!

dBpoweramp Guru

Hmmm. Odd. My only suggestion is that there is something wrong with the USB connected drive. Do you have another drive to try? Also, not in front of my computer, but I recall in CD ripping setup there is an option to tick for something related to optical drives connected via usb. Cannot recall what it is called, but should be obvious.

dBpoweramp Guru

Which security software is running on your system?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Hmmm. Odd. My only suggestion is that there is something wrong with the USB connected drive. Do you have another drive to try? Also, not in front of my computer, but I recall in CD ripping setup there is an option to tick for something related to optical drives connected via usb. Cannot recall what it is called, but should be obvious.
    Yeah I did think that but it's a brand new drive, it plays audio off the CD's absolutely fine and seems to interact with the PC all fine. Thanks I've had a look in the settings for that option but can't seem to find it. If you can, could have you have look when you are at your computer? Thanks for your help

Just standard Windows defender built into Windows or whatever it's called?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Which security software is running on your system?

Dat Ei
    Just standard Windows Defender or whatever is built into Windows. Thanks

Administrator

Try (safe mode with networking):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234

If that does not work, then reset dBpoweramp to default settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

then reinstall dBpoweramp, just enable secure ripping mode and let accuraterip reconfigure the drive. Every other setting leave. If still no go then likely you will need to look at a new cd drive.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that I think I've solved it! Bit of a strange one but it seems it's because I'm using the USB ports on the front of my pc (case)!? I thought I'd try using a different USB port by using one on the back of the pc directly connected to the motherboard and it seems to have solved it! Those two cd's are now both ripping with 'Accurate (200)' I presume this is good?!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed suggestions/advice. I hope this might help anyone else in the future.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neo4789 View Post
    Those two cd's are now both ripping with 'Accurate (200)' I presume this is good?!
    Yes, that's good. Even 'Accurate (2)' is fantastic. the 200 just means this is a very popular CD.