title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: It's there a "how to get started guide" for converting files?

It's there a "how to get started guide" for converting files?

Hi folks, as the title is there a beginner's guide for converting file formats? For more information on my situation read on.
    Firstly it must be understood that I'm really green when it comes to computers, I have very little experience beyond using eBay, Facebook & forms such as this one etc. My knowledge of making, copying & transfering files & folders, making backups & the like is well, very poor! Any links to anything that would help me learn the basic computer skills needed would be welcome.
    I've been here a little while, many searches, reading & learning. Much more learning yet to come I think!
    This is using Windows 10 on a laptop.
    I'm just working & testing things out at the moment in preparation to rip a collection of around 500CDs. I've managed to set up the ripper using a guide & advice found searching here, ripped a dozen CDs in flac (multi-disc compilations, popular bands & less well known to give things a test).
    So next I'll want to copy these into MP3 (leaving the original flac) so I can put them on my Android phone which is where in the main they'll be used & maybe a USB stick too.
    I've opened up the dBpoweramp Music Converter & can find the music files of the CDs I ripped but there I'm stuck, what next?
    Thankyou for any advice, links etc that may help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: It's there a "how to get started guide" for converting files?

Many thanks garym, I've no idea why I couldn't find that, tried both Google (that got me the ripper at up guide) & searching on here t missed it.
    Also thanks for a naming string of yours I found in searching about the ripper setup.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tren6 View Post
    Many thanks garym, I've no idea why I couldn't find that, tried both Google (that got me the ripper at up guide) & searching on here t missed it.
    Also thanks for a naming string of yours I found in searching about the ripper setup.
    You'll find the folks at this forum very helpful. There's a bit of a learning curve with the software, but once setup the way you want, it's dead simple. But play around, test things out, experiment, and post any questions you have. Have fun.