title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accurate Rip issue

Accurate Rip issue

Hello there

I am having a sudden issue with Accurate Rip that has me tearing my hair out.

I just got my Mac repaired- it needed a hard drive data rescue. The old drive was cloned onto a new one and I am suspecting this may have something to do with the issue now. You know, few little things go funny with drive cloning and restores (My Mac now offers to open some media files in Windows Media Player)

All of a sudden I cannot get any of my DVD drives to successfully get an accurate rip - they are all coming up Secure.

Anyway I have tried many CDs now, I have 3 USB DVD drives and none of them will register an AccurateRip for any track. I'm quite sure this isn't import errors. Never had anything like this.

I thought maybe if I completely restart AccurateRip and drive setup in settings. I did reinstall multiple times and I went into library and tried deleting the accuraterip folder and I also tried messing around with the dbpoweramp folder. I wasn't prepared to fully delete that folder as I don't want to lose my settings - genres, file import settings etc if I don't have to - because I can't remember how to set some of them. But I am guessing I may have to.

Administrator

Re: Accurate Rip issue

Ensure on the CD Ripper options page that AccurateRip is checked.

On the main page when you insert a CD, does it say the disc is in accuraterip?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Ensure on the CD Ripper options page that AccurateRip is checked.

On the main page when you insert a CD, does it say the disc is in accuraterip?
    It certainly is... I don't know if I lost AccurateRip in the drive clone - pretty sure that disappeared... I know that my Secure Ripper settings went AWOL, and Drive Read Cache and C2. I can't recall if I had any Ultra Secure settings in there.

I am about to try wiping all traces of dbpoweramp from system and reinstall and try to get my settings back to where they were..

But any further suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if there are any other location settings reside in beyond those two folders in Library please advise.. Also is there a file I can remove that will reset AccurateRip and all those functions, but not lose my import location settings and anything like that that would be handy, but I am guessing that is all contained in that XRegistry file?

If this doesn't work I will be reinstalling entire MacOS - which feels drastic but I need this functionality. I am only up to "M" in my lossless CD importing and I have been at it intermittently from before Covid lol. WHY OH WHY did I kick this exercise off with medium bitrate AAC even if it was the early 2000s :(:(

Thx for any assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Brewbs View Post
    It certainly is... I don't know if I lost AccurateRip in the drive clone - pretty sure that disappeared... I know that my Secure Ripper settings went AWOL, and Drive Read Cache and C2. I can't recall if I had any Ultra Secure settings in there.

I am about to try wiping all traces of dbpoweramp from system and reinstall and try to get my settings back to where they were..

But any further suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if there are any other location settings reside in beyond those two folders in Library please advise.. Also is there a file I can remove that will reset AccurateRip and all those functions, but not lose my import location settings and anything like that that would be handy, but I am guessing that is all contained in that XRegistry file?

If this doesn't work I will be reinstalling entire MacOS - which feels drastic but I need this functionality. I am only up to "M" in my lossless CD importing and I have been at it intermittently from before Covid lol. WHY OH WHY did I kick this exercise off with medium bitrate AAC even if it was the early 2000s :(:(

Thx for any assistance
    Just when I was preparing to reinstall the whole OS... I had fully wiped all of dbpoweramp and settings, and it still didn't seem to be working - but I am now getting AR on some rips. Certainly stuff I have ripped I would expect to have enough reports online for haven't come up, but I will keep muddling through for now. I've done about 20 discs and only Prince and The Pixies were recognised, but not Pete Rock, PiL, Public Enemy... so I am at a bit of a loss. I understand when I put in weird albums, but even some of those usually are recognised on AR.

Anyway, maybe some of this will change when I get a decent internal drive hooked up.. at least I will get less errors

Administrator

If have security software, disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If have security software, disable it.
    omfg... it was Sophos. can't believe it just started doing it now after all this time. couldn't seem to disable it so uninstalled instead.

Is there a dBpoweramp endorsed mac antivirus? :/

Administrator

None of them...they can all be potentially as bad as a real virus (quietly stopping things working).

Keep good backups, do not open unknown programs.