title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I cannot play DSD 64fs with Asset 7.2

I cannot play DSD 64fs with Asset 7.2

I urgently require another version of Asset UPnP that is earlier than 7.2. Preferably 6.something. Please can some provide me with a copy.

I have used earlier versions of Asset UPnP to play DSD 64fs tracks without any problem. Since I downloaded Version 7.2 I am unable to play DSD 64fs tracks.
    Thanks for any help.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: I cannot play DSD 64fs with Asset 7.2

I can play 64fs DSD OK with Asset 7.2 (now beta 7.3)
    System is Synology DSM-7, iPad & Naim
    It might be useful to know what your system hard & software is.

Hi Mike-B,
    Thanks for reply. My Music library is located on an external SSD feeding an iMac computer. This feeds a MOON Mind 2 ,
    streamer, a Benchmark DAC, and a Moon 700i integrated amp. Hope this helps.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Sorry to say it doesnt mean anything) to me, my message was intended to be that Asset 7.2 does play DSD64 OK.
    But it might help Spoon or PeterP with diagnosis

Administrator

Bruce enable the debug log on Assets configuration page, then try to play a DSD64 file. Revisit that configuration section and copy the log contents here please.

Thanks Spoon. I have just tried your suggestion and there is no output from the debug log...just a blank page titled asset-debug-asset.txt. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Super Moderator

Thanks for your feedback.

Please toggle debug logging on, click [Apply changes & close], recreate the bug (attempt playback scenario that fails), open Asset settings once again and view the logs. They should contain relevant information now, asset-debug-asset.txt in particular (the other file holds library scanning diagnostics).

Hi PeterP
    I did exactly as you advised and a massive amount of info appeared...it looked as though it was too much to send to you. However, while I was making a second attempt the MOON MiND App advised there was a program update for the MOON MiND streamer. I immediately made the update...and now I can play DSD 64 fs...everything is now working fine. I apologise for bothering you...but what ever happened to the streamer happened at about the same time as I changed to Asset 7.2. I believed that Asset was more likely to be the problem since I have never had any problem with any MOON equipment. There is a fundamental need for some way to easly identify which box, or which piece of software is causing the grief. I am gratefukl for the responses I received. Thanks for your support.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BruceJim View Post
    I believed that Asset was more likely to be the problem since I have never had any problem with any MOON equipment.
    Some years ago a wise man told me, that everything, that is functioning, can fail.

Dat Ei

Super Moderator

Thanks for confirming that it's not an issue on our end then.