title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper 17.3 doesn't finish encoding ripped files

CD Ripper 17.3 doesn't finish encoding ripped files

I bought and downloaded CD Ripper Version 17.3 today, and installed it on my Windows 10 computer. I had used an earlier version (17.0) on a different Windows computer to rip 1500+ CDs, so I am very familiar with the program's operation. I was able to rip 5 CDs and save them to my network drive, but now the program hangs up after reading the first four tracks on a CD. It reads the tracks -- very slowly -- and then starts encoding but never finishes encoding the tracks. Encoding progress tops out at 99% on the first track and lesser % on the other three. I have tried several different CDs, and all had the same problem. I have rebooted the computer several times. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Can anyone recommend what to try next? It shouldn't be this difficult.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper 17.3 doesn't finish encoding ripped files

It will be the writing of the files to the network, as a test set the output location as your local ssd drive.

Re: CD Ripper 17.3 doesn't finish encoding ripped files

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It will be the writing of the files to the network, as a test set the output location as your local ssd drive.
    I remapped the network drive and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.