Been away from ripping for a while and wanted to do a fresh rip of my CD library as a final kind of archive. Planned on doing FLAC single file per album with a CUE sheet. (Embedded or not, I don't know yet. Still learning about cue sheets.) But then I'm reading in Roonlabs forums that they don't plan supporting cue sheets because it's an outdated, obsolete technology. I don't use Roon, at least not yet, but it still got me wondering, is there something superior that I should be doing instead?

My goal is to have a (backed-up) archive of my library that is as close to completely accurate as possible. That includes the kind of information from cue sheets like gaps, lead-ins & outs, etc. (As an aside, recently I learned about pre-emphasis, something I have experienced with old discs, but didn't understand. That's another thing I'll have to take into account when doing my rips. If anyone knows of other pitfalls like this, please educate me!)

Anyway, should I proceed as planned (considering my stated goal) or is there a better way to go?
Thanks for any wisdom.