title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie

Morning All,
    I am about to purchase dbpoweramp. I have about 100 cd’s to rip for use on an Aurender AS10. I have an older iMac without an internal cd drive. What drive should I buy to use with the Mac to get the best rip performance, data quality and sound results? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Administrator

Re: Newbie

All modern drives give the same sound quality, they only differ in their ability to read through the scratches or damage on a CD. Start off with any modern USB drive and AccurateRip will verify the rips to give confidence the results are 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    All modern drives give the same sound quality, they only differ in their ability to read through the scratches or damage on a CD. Start off with any modern USB drive and AccurateRip will verify the rips to give confidence the results are 100% correct.
    Thanks, will look around.

dBpoweramp Guru

You do not need to spend much. And often having two different model drives is useful. I have some CDs that would not rip error free on one drive but was fine with the other drive. All my drives are dirt cheap. Some are just throwaways salvaged from old desktop computers.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    You do not need to spend much. And often having two different model drives is useful. I have some CDs that would not rip error free on one drive but was fine with the other drive. All my drives are dirt cheap. Some are just throwaways salvaged from old desktop computers.
    Thanks for response. I was about to start spending…