title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mocarver
    • Jul 2021

Morning All,
    I am about to purchase dbpoweramp. I have about 100 cd’s to rip for use on an Aurender AS10. I have an older iMac without an internal cd drive. What drive should I buy to use with the Mac to get the best rip performance, data quality and sound results? Thanks in advance for your guidance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Newbie

All modern drives give the same sound quality, they only differ in their ability to read through the scratches or damage on a CD. Start off with any modern USB drive and AccurateRip will verify the rips to give confidence the results are 100% correct.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mocarver
      • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
      All modern drives give the same sound quality, they only differ in their ability to read through the scratches or damage on a CD. Start off with any modern USB drive and AccurateRip will verify the rips to give confidence the results are 100% correct.
      Thanks, will look around.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

You do not need to spend much. And often having two different model drives is useful. I have some CDs that would not rip error free on one drive but was fine with the other drive. All my drives are dirt cheap. Some are just throwaways salvaged from old desktop computers.

Comment

• Mocarver
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by garym
          You do not need to spend much. And often having two different model drives is useful. I have some CDs that would not rip error free on one drive but was fine with the other drive. All my drives are dirt cheap. Some are just throwaways salvaged from old desktop computers.
          Thanks for response. I was about to start spending…

Comment

Working...

]]>