title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi Encoder cannot use the following naming parameters: {origdrive], [origpath], or

Multi Encoder cannot use the following naming parameters: {origdrive], [origpath], or

Hi,

I've just installed cdripper on my new machine and i'm getting it set up, and ready to rip my first CD.

I'm using the multiencoder, as i've done previously, to MP3 and FLAC, however, upon hitting the rip button, the following error pops up, "Multi Encoder cannot use the following naming parameters: [origdrive], [origpath], or [origfilename]"

I didn't set any of this, and have no idea what's causing it, or how to to change it, and what to change it to, so that I can rip the CD.

Thanks in advance.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi Encoder cannot use the following naming parameters: {origdrive], [origpath]

Check and modify the dynamic naming (naming string).

Dat Ei

Re: Multi Encoder cannot use the following naming parameters: {origdrive], [origpath]

Thanks, but those parameters don't appear, assuming i'm looking in the correct place. This is what I see. BTW, I didn't enter this info, it appeared to be already there.

[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

dBpoweramp Guru

You have to specify a naming string for each and every encoder separately in its settings. The name string in the main window is not for the multi encoder scenario.

Dat Ei

Thank you, but i'm no clearer on this. I really don't remember doing this on the earlier version which was working just fine, so this is all new to me.

Where do I enter the settings, and what settings do I enter?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by engine View Post
    Where do I enter the settings, and what settings do I enter?
    dBpoweramp [Multi Encoder]

Thanks mville, that link helped.

I just selected default and it now works fine.