title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Does anyone know of a good music audio analyzer or property reader?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Does anyone know of a good music audio analyzer or property reader?

Like the title says, I am looking for a reliable audio analyzer or property reader program to inspect my music files. I am currently using the audio analyzer Fakin' the Funk to do some final checks over my audio files before I import them into my media player and transfer them to my mp3 player. I am currently looking for a program that can read whether or not a music file has ReplayGain in its properties. Fakin' the Funk can detect ReplayGain on my FLAC and mp3 audio files. But for some reason, it does not detect ReplayGain on m4a(aac) music files. I used Batch Converter and checked random subfolders within the aac music folders and it lists ReplayGain. Fakin' the Funk analyzes entire folders and subfolders at once where as Batch Converter can only list data for files in one folder at a time. I don't want to have to spend hours or days looking over individual folders for song properties. Does anyone know of a reliable and trustworthy audio analyzer or property reader which can also read and list ReplayGain data as well as allowing me to scan and look over multiple files and folders at once?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Does anyone know of a good music audio analyzer or property reader?

Quote Originally Posted by Bespin1138 View Post
    Like the title says, I am looking for a reliable audio analyzer or property reader program to inspect my music files. I am currently using the audio analyzer Fakin' the Funk to do some final checks over my audio files before I import them into my media player and transfer them to my mp3 player. I am currently looking for a program that can read whether or not a music file has ReplayGain in its properties. Fakin' the Funk can detect ReplayGain on my FLAC and mp3 audio files. But for some reason, it does not detect ReplayGain on m4a(aac) music files. I used Batch Converter and checked random subfolders within the aac music folders and it lists ReplayGain. Fakin' the Funk analyzes entire folders and subfolders at once where as Batch Converter can only list data for files in one folder at a time. I don't want to have to spend hours or days looking over individual folders for song properties. Does anyone know of a reliable and trustworthy audio analyzer or property reader which can also read and list ReplayGain data as well as allowing me to scan and look over multiple files and folders at once?

Thanks.

dbpoweramp ID Tag program can do this. Right click on parent folder, select "dbpoweramp edit ID tags"
    But I also use mp3tag (works with all sorts of files, not just mp3) and can see all tags (see extended tag menu item).
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
    forum for questions:
    https://community.mp3tag.de/

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Does anyone know of a good music audio analyzer or property reader?

I downloaded the mp3tag program you recommended. Thanks for the help.