title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Slow metadta load.

Slow metadta load.

Hi. New user here. New to the forum. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

I've read a couple of threads on this problem but I'm not sure what to do about it in my case.

I'm running the CD Ripper in 17.4(1). Trial version. I don't mind converting to full license and plan to. OS is OSX 11.4.

For about a week I was cruising right along and ripped a few hundred CDs. No drama.

Then about a week ago for no reason I can determine my metadata load times went through the roof. Eventually they'll load but they take a very long time. Doesn't seem to matter if the source material is obscure or popular. Example: Just for a test Dark Side of the Moon took somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes.

I've tried to do an unistall/reinstall but I don't think it worked as my reinstalled version maintained my target drive settings.

My internet bandwidth is stable, secure and fast.

My green tab's providers section has only the first 5 checked.

What else might I try?

Thanks. ---Rob

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Slow metadta load.

Hey Rob,

Quote Originally Posted by Robstreperous View Post
    My green tab's providers section has only the first 5 checked.

What else might I try?
    most of the times it is one of the providers who have performance problems. So you can try to disable providers one after the other.

Dat Ei

Sure. And thank you. So... I take it none of the providers are mandatory right?

dBpoweramp Guru

Right.

Dat Ei

Eureka! It was GD3.

Earlier on when I was trouble shooting I stopped de-selecting providers because it seemed to me I was making things worse.

That conclusion was false.

Resolution path: Disable providers one provider at a time until response time improves.

Thanks again.